On January 8, Toronto will try again to return to the winning streak and defeat Winnipeg, and in our forecast we will find out whether the Leaves will succeed or not.
Winnipeg Jets 23-16-4
Winnipeg, unlike its rival, plays unstable and rarely celebrates success recently. But after two defeats from the same “Leaves” and “Minnesota” (2: 3 OT), the team gathered strength and defeated the “Montreal” with a score of 3: 2, and did so at a party.
That is why the “Air Army” is still in the playoff zone and is hooked on the eighth line of the Western Conference. Note that, in general, the Jets held 22 meetings on the challenge and won 11 times.
Toronto Maple Leafs 24-15-5
“Toronto” consistently earned points over ten matches, but still in the last match was defeated in the main time by “Edmonton” with a score of 4: 6. Canadians again played efficiently, but this time missed more than expected. Earlier, “Leaves” prevailed over “Minnesota” (4: 1), “Winnipeg” (6: 3) and “Islanders” (3: 0).
Thanks to excellent results, Canadians significantly improved their tournament position and climbed to the fifth line of the Eastern Conference.
- Toronto has won the past four matches against Winnipeg.
- “Jets” lost in the last meeting to the Canadians with a score of 3: 6.
- The Leaves won three out of four bouts.
- Over is 4-0 in Jets last 4 games following a win
- 0-4 in their last 4 games following a win
- Under is 7-1-1 in Jets last 9 games as a road underdog
- 1-6 in their last 7 vs a team with a winning record
- Under is 5-1-2 in Jets last 8 when their opponent allows 5 goals or more in their previous game
Toronto Maple Leafs
- 4-0 in their last 4 vs a team with a winning record
- 9-2 in their last 11 overall
- 9-2 in their last 11 games as a favorite
- Under is 4-1-1 in Maple Leafs last 6 after allowing 5 goals or more in their previous game
- 4-1 in their last 5 games playing on 1 days rest
- Winnipeg Jets: Bryan Little, Dustin Byfuglien, Dmitry Kulikov, Mathieu Perreault, Nathan Beaulieu
- Toronto Maple Leafs: Jake Muzzin, Trevor Moore, Andreas Johnsson, Ilya Mikheyev
Winnipeg Jets vs Toronto Maple Leafs Prediction
In our opinion, “Toronto”, despite the defeat in the match with “Edmonton”, is currently stronger than its rival and should be the winner in the confrontation with “Winnipeg” due to its actions in the attack.
- Moneyline picks: Toronto Maple Leafs -192
- Against the Spread Pick: Winnipeg Jets 6.5 Point Spread +150
- Over Under Pick: Under 6.5 Game Totals