On January 6th, in Montreal, the local Canadiens receive the Jets from Winnipeg. Recently, Ilya Kovalchuk joined the home team. It is possible that the illustrious forward will help Montreal interrupt a series of defeats. The opponent is not as good as it was in the fall. Montréal Canadiens Winnipeg Jets starts on 6.1.2020. at 07:00 PM time at Bell Centre stadium, Montreal, Canada in NHL – USA
Winnipeg Jets 22-16-4
On the eve of their visit to Montreal, the Jets stayed in Minnesota, where they lost to the local Wilds only in overtime. The guest team continues to lead the NHL in terms of penalties. Winnipeg hockey players can give an opponent 4-8 minutes in the majority for the period, which seriously affects their current form. The Atlantic Division has already identified 3 main playoff contenders, and Jets is clearly not one of them. Until the lag became critical, Winnipeg urgently needed to resolve the issue of discipline within the team. Otherwise, Jets will see a change in head coach, which is almost guaranteed to deprive them of the playoffs for another couple of seasons.
Montreal Canadiens 18-17-7
This year, things are not going very well with the most titled NHL club. Montreal still has a theoretical chance to compete for 3rd place in the division. However, judging by the pace of “Lightning”, coming in third place in the division, only a miracle will help the hosts. It is possible that counting on some magic, the “Canadiens” signed Kovalchuk. In fairness, the 36-year-old striker has long been no different for feats on the ice. Yes, and in the NHL Ilya became a kind of outcast. Montreal has a different story with home games this season. The hosts score less than they miss. With the implementation of the majority, only Detroit is worse.
Betting Tips Statistic
- Montreal lost 4 games in a row.
- Winnipeg won only 3/10 of the last meetings.
- 4/5 full-time disputes were “uphill”.
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Winnipeg’s last 11 games.
- Winnipeg are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games.
- Winnipeg are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games against Montreal.
- Winnipeg are 2-5 SU in their last 7 games on the road.
- Winnipeg are 3-8 SU in their last 11 games when playing on the road against Montreal.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Winnipeg’s last 7 games this season.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Winnipeg’s last 5 games against an opponent in the East conference.
- Montreal are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Montreal’s last 10 games against Winnipeg.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Montreal’s last 5 games at home.
- Montreal are 8-3 SU in their last 11 games when playing at home against Winnipeg.
- Montreal are 1-6 SU in their last 7 games this season.
- The total has gone UNDER in 12 of Montreal’s last 17 games against an opponent in the Central division.
- Winnipeg Jets: Bryan Little, Dustin Byfuglien, Dmitry Kulikov, Mathieu Perreault, Nathan Beaulieu, Andrew Copp
- Montreal Canadiens: Paul Byron, Brendan Gallagher, Jonathan Drouin, Joel Armia.
Winnipeg Jets vs Montreal Canadiens Predictions
The home team does not manage to interrupt a series of defeats. In full-time confrontation, the Canadiens look great (3 wins in a row), but given their current state, it is difficult to count on their victory. In addition, Winnipeg has not won in Montreal for a long time, and Jets now look preferable. In the previous match, the guest team played on an equal footing with Minnesota, which plays in a defensive manner. Winnipeg’s advantage in attack is obvious. If Jets will not again give gifts to the opponent in the form of a frequent game in the majority, then the guests here can claim to win. Our prediction: Winnipeg Jets Will Win
- MoneyLine Pick: Winnipeg Jets Will Win -150
- Against the Spread Pick: Montreal Canadiens Point Spread +121