Wednesday, 22 January will give the hockey fans two NHL meetings. The first match will take place at the Nationwide Arena. Columbus Blue Jackets from the Eastern Conference hosts the middle placed West Conference representative Winnipeg Jets. Here is our prediction.
- MoneyLine Pick: Columbus Blue Jackets Will Win -160
- Over Under Pick: Total Will Go Under 5.5
- Computer Predicted Score: Columbus Blue Jackets wins 3:1
Winnipeg Jets 25-21-4
The Jets face a pretty hard situation lately. The players of Paul Maurice were able to gain only one victory over the past five games. The team has obvious problems, the injured bench is expanding, players are playing terribly in their area and Connor Hellebuyck makes simple mistakes and misses puck for the puck.
Columbus Blue Jackets 26-16-8
The Tortorella’s team on the contrary is in a great shape – the team won five consecutive matches, without a need for the extra time. In the last ten games the opponents disappointed Jackets only twice lost in only two matches. Thanks to this game, Columbus occupies the sixth line, having 60 points in their asset.
Betting Tips Statistic
- Columbus won five games in a row.
- In the last three meetings, Winnipeg did not score more than two times.
- Jackets won the previous match with a score of 3:2.
- Winnipeg are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games.
- Winnipeg are 8-3 SU in their last 11 games against Columbus.
- Winnipeg are 4-8 SU in their last 12 games on the road.
- Winnipeg are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games when playing on the road against Columbus.
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Winnipeg’s last 10 games against an opponent in the East conference.
Columbus Blue Jackets
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Columbus’ last 6 games.
- Columbus are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Columbus’ last 8 games against Winnipeg.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Columbus’ last 6 games at home.
- Columbus are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games when playing at home against Winnipeg.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Columbus’ last 5 games this season.
- Columbus are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games against an opponent in the Central division.
- Winnipeg Jets: Bryan Little, Dustin Byfuglien, Mathieu Perreault, Nathan Beaulieu, Adam Lowry, Carl Dahlstrom, Tucker Poolman
- Columbus Blue Jackets: Ryan Murray, Josh Anderson, Joonas Korpisalo, Oliver Bjorkstrand, Alexandre Texier
Winnipeg Jets vs Columbus Blue Jackets Flyers Predictions
Considering the Jets’ hardships, the bookmakers stand for the victory of the Blue Jackets. Columbus players have been taking home points for three consecutive matches in regular time. Elvis Merzlikins is in his great shape – over the past three home meetings he missed just two goals and defended two games with a zero score. Therefore, we propose that Columbus wins 3-1.