On January 8, a meeting between Philadelphia and Washington will be held, for which we prepared a forecast. “Pilots” completely failed the away series and will try to rehabilitate themselves on their site. Will they be able to do this?
Washington Capitals 30-9-5
“Washington” is again in great shape and in the last match literally defeated the “Ottawa”, although it missed the first – 6: 1. Prior to this, in a tight fight, “Stolichnye” managed to deal with “Carolina” (4: 3) and “San Jose” (5: 4 OT).
The team again shows an excellent attack, against which opponents are very difficult to act. It is no accident that Todd Rirden’s wards continue to hold the first position of the Eastern Conference and currently have 65 points in their assets.
Philadelphia Flyers 22-15-6
“Philadelphia”, oddly enough, is still in the playoff zone of the Eastern Conference and takes the eighth line, but has already suffered four defeats in a row. In all recent guest matches, the team missed at least four goals.
Recall that the “Pilots” lost to “Los Angeles” (3: 5), “Vegas” (4: 5), “Arizona” (2: 6) and “Carolina” (4: 5 OT). On their ice, the wards of Alain Vigno have chances for rehabilitation, since they won 13 of 19 fights in the arena.
- The previous five out of seven matches between the teams went with a total of 6.5 more.
- “Washington” prevailed in three fights in a row.
- Philadelphia has a series of four defeats.
- Over is 4-0 in Capitals last 4 vs Eastern Conference
- Over is 4-0 in Capitals last 4 road games
- Over is 11-1 in Capitals last 12 when their opponent allows 5 goals or more in their previous game
- 6-1 in their last 7 when their opponent allows 5 goals or more in their previous game
- 5-1 in their last 6 in the third game of a 3-in-4 situation
- Over is 4-0 in Flyers last 4 overall
- Over is 3-0-1 in Flyers last 4 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game
- Over is 4-0 in Flyers’ last 4 games as an underdog.
- Flyers are 0-4 in their last 4 overall
- 0-6 in their last 6 games as an underdog
- Washington Capitals: –
- Philadelphia Flyers: Justin Braun, Samuel Morin, Oskar Lindblom
Washington Capitals vs Philadelphia Flyers Prediction
In our opinion, “Philadelphia” again will not be able to cope with the strong attack of “Washington” and lose even on its site. Moreover, now the “Pilots” are in terrible shape and poor mood after they failed the away series. “Capital” is used to arrange productive fights and win them.
- Moneyline picks: Washington Capitals -130
- Against the Spread Pick: Philadelphia Flyers 6.5 Point Spread +104
- Over Under Pick: Under 6.5 Game Totals