On Friday January 3, 2020, 7:30 PM (EST). PNC Arena, Raleigh, NC. The Washington Capitals head to Raleigh, North Carolina on Friday to face the Hurricanes in a matchup of two teams from the Metropolitan Division. Who will win tonight’s NHL game against the spread? – read in our predictions.
Washington Capitals 27-9-5 (21-20 ATS)
The Washington Capitals come into this matchup holding a record of 27 wins and 9 losses, which places them at first in the Metropolitan Division. During the season hitherto, they have earned a sum of 143 goals which makes them sit at second in the East and third in the alliance. Their objective differential is +23, which places them at fifth in the alliance. The Capitals at present have an aggregate of 59 points, which makes them sit at first in the association and first in the East. When taking a gander at shots at the contradicting goalie, they as of now have a sum of 1,308 which makes them sit at fifth in the gathering and ninth in the association. As a gathering, Washington has gathered a sum of 940 hits which makes them normal 22.9 per challenge. They at present have an aggregate of 455 squares for this season. The man between the channels for Washington is Braden Holtby from Lloydminster, Saskatchewan. He is 30 years of age and has piled on 1,665 minutes disapproving of the net for the season. Holtby is yielding a normal of 2.99 GAA which has him positioned eighteenth among East goalies and 38th among goaltenders in the NHL. Through the span of this season, he’s surrendered 83 goals. His spare % is .902 which has him positioned 22nd among East goalies.
The Washington Capitals will hope to tidy up certain issues subsequent to taking a 4 – 3 annihilation against the New York Islanders in their past challenge. The Capitals had a normal hostile yield in this misfortune. In this trip, they got 3 out of the 39 shots they put on objective. Moreover, they had 2 strategic maneuver openings however didn’t get an objective. Washington wound up with a sum of 6 punishment mins for this game. The Corsi for the Capitals was 75 and the Corsi against was 40 which gave them a Corsi level of 65.2%. Their Fenwick was 50 and the Fenwick against sat at 28, which implies they earned a Fenwick level of 64.1%. They won 26 go head to head wins and lost 17 attempts to control the puck. The hostile zone begins for them were evaluated at 63.9% and they had a PDO of 90.0 for this game. Concerning rival, the New York Islanders set up 22 shots. They finished the game with 6 punishment minutes and they had 2 strategic maneuver openings.
Carolina Hurricanes 24-14-2 (19-21 ATS)
The Hurricanes will be on the opposite side of the ice and for the season they sit with 24 successes and 14 defeats. As to differential, they are sitting fourth in the Eastern Conference and sixth in the alliance with +22. They have a sum of 134 goals for the season which makes them sit at seventh in the gathering. Carolina has a group spare level of .903 which right now has them positioned sixteenth in the class, which means scoring chances could introduce themselves. They have a group shooting level of 9.8% positioning them ninth in the Eastern Conference. In objective for Carolina is Petr Mrazek who is having an alright season by surrendering 2.67 goals per challenge and that positions him eleventh in the East and nineteenth in the NHL. In the 1,528 minutes he has played for the current year, he has given up 68 goals. His spare % is .903, which makes them rank 21st in the East and 42nd in the NHL.
The Carolina Hurricanes went facing the Montreal Canadiens in a game where the Hurricanes indented a triumph by a score of 3 – 1. In this game, Carolina had a 50.5% Corsi rating. They got to that rate by acquiring a Corsi of 55 while the restriction had a Corsi of 54. Their Fenwick rate was 51.7% with a Fenwick of 45 and the Canadiens having a 42 Fenwick at even quality. These Corsi insights are recounting the sort of game that Carolina played and we’d state they played a normal game. They had a PDO at even quality of 103.2 and they completed the game with an oZS level of 64.4%. The Hurricanes scored 3 goals out of the 36 shots on objective they sought after. They had 2 strategic maneuver openings in this game and scored 1 out of those attempts. With respect to their rival, the Canadiens had 3 strategic maneuver risks however were not ready to indent an goal. Carolina offered approach to 30 shots on goal and the Canadiens piled on 4 minutes in the crate.
- The Washington Capitals have scored 3.49 goals per game on the year while permitting 2.93 goals per game.
- The Carolina Hurricanes have scored 3.35 goals per game on the season while permitting 2.80 goals per game.
- In their last 5 games, the two groups are 2-3 as the Capitals have lost 2 games in succession while the Hurricanes have dominated 2 matches in succession.
- The Hurricanes have won the two gatherings between these two groups this season by the scores of 3-2 in extra time and 6-4.
- The total has gone over in 4 of Carolina’s last 5 games against Washington.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Washington’s last 6 games.
- Washington are 11-5 SU in their last 16 games.
- Washington are 1-6 SU in their last 7 games against Carolina.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Washington’s last 5 games on the road.
- Washington are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games when playing on the road against Carolina.
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of Washington’s last 13 games against an opponent in the East conference.
- Washington are 2-5 SU in their last 7 games against an opponent in the Metropolitan division.
- The total has gone UNDER in 12 of Carolina’s last 18 games.
- Carolina are 8-4 SU in their last 12 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Carolina’s last 5 games against Washington.
- Carolina are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games at home.
- Carolina are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games when playing at home against Washington.
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Carolina’s last 10 games against an opponent in the East conference.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Carolina’s last 7 games played in January.
- Washington Capitals: Nic Dowd
- Carolina Hurricanes: No Reported Injuries
Washington Capitals vs Carolina Hurricanes Predictions
The Carolina Hurricanes are as hot as any group in the association at the present time, and they’ve won four straight and six of the last seven against the Capitals. The Hurricanes ought to be supported on their home ice in light of that. Be that as it may, you don’t get the Washington Capitals in the dark horse job all the time, and when they have been, they’ve made some decent coin this season. The Capitals are one of those groups fit for winning regardless of who or when they play. I’m not turning down the in addition to cash with the Capitals.
- Moneyline picks: Washington Capitals Will Win +105
- Against the Spread Pick: Carolina Hurricanes +6.25 Point Spread -125
- Over Under Pick: Over 6.5 Game Totals