On January 16, within the framework of the NHL championship, a duel between Minnesota and Tampa Bay will be held, for which our experts will present a prediction. The Lightnings are in great shape, but away from the Savages they are constantly having difficulty. Can Cooper’s squad deal with them? | January 16, 2020, 8:00 PM ET, Xcel Energy Center
- MoneyLine Pick: Tampa Bay -170
- Against the Spread Pick: Tampa -3.5 Point Spread
- Over Under Pick: Total Will Go Over 5.5
- Computer Predicted Score: Tampa Bay Lightning win 5-1
Tampa Bay Lightning 28-14-4
The impressive Tampa series of ten victories unexpectedly ended in a duel with the New Jersey (1: 3), but in the next meeting she celebrated success against Los Angeles (4: 3 B). We emphasize that the team of John Cooper was able to win back against the “Kings” from the score 0: 2 and get Victoria on shootouts. Note that at the moment, “Lightning” scored 60 points and occupy the fifth place of the Eastern Conference. Away from the team statistics are slightly worse compared to home ice, but still she won 13 out of 22 matches.
Minnesota Wild 20-20-6
Minnesota, it would seem, had recently occupied a place in the playoffs and delighted its fans with victories and even issued successful series. But now the situation has changed, and the Savages have suffered six defeats in their last seven meetings. At the moment, the team is on a series of four failures and lost to Calgary (4: 5 and 1: 2), Vancouver (1: 4) and Pittsburgh (4: 7). Despite this, on his ice this season, Bruce Boudreau’s squad rarely loses in regular time. So, in 15 meetings out of 20, the team earned points.
Betting Tips Statistic
- Minnesota have won the last four matches against Tampa.
- “Tampa” lost the game before last with the score 1: 3.
- “Savages” prevailed in the previous meeting over the “Lightning” with a score of 5: 4.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Tampa Bay’s last 6 games.
- Tampa Bay are 11-1 SU in their last 12 games.
- Tampa Bay are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games against Minnesota.
- Tampa Bay are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games on the road.
- Tampa Bay are 0-7 SU in their last 7 games when playing on the road against Minnesota.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Tampa Bay’s last 6 games against an opponent in the West conference.
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Tampa Bay’s last 13 games played in January.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Minnesota’s last 7 games.
- Minnesota are 1-6 SU in their last 7 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Minnesota’s last 16 games against Tampa Bay.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Minnesota’s last 6 games at home.
- Minnesota are 7-0 SU in their last 7 games when playing at home against Tampa Bay.
- Minnesota are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games this season.
- The total has gone OVER in 11 of Minnesota’s last 16 games when playing as the underdog.
- Tampa Bay: Ryan McDonagh, Pat Maroon
- Minnesota: No Reported Injuries
Tampa Bay Lightning vs Minnesota Wild Predictions
Tampa at the moment is not even one of the top 8 teams, so in home meetings with teams of the Minnesota level you need to pick up points. Moreover, there are no obstacles to this: hurricanes on the go, show strong hockey, constantly dominate and play the first number with absolutely any team. Minnesota has nothing to oppose Tampa, most likely, the guests will try to act on counterattacks, but this will not help – there will be a huge gap in the team class and the motivation of the hosts.