For the first time in a long time, Boston beat Tampa Bay last game. Four days ago, Boston hockey players were able to beat Tampa Bay on the road – 2:1. Will we have another great meeting? We prepared a reasoned prediction for the match and also detailed statistics for deciding on a bet.
Date: Saturday, March 07, 2020
Time: 7:00 PM ET.
Venue: TD Garden, 100 Legends Way, Boston, MA 02114, US
TV Coverage: SUN, NESN
Tampa Bay Lightning
Tampa Bay is one of the main pursuers of Boston, which is currently undergoing a small crisis. Probably, it is due to the fact that the coaching staff on the eve of the playoffs decided to offer their wards serious loads, so that they would reach the key segment of the season in optimal physical condition. The lack of freshness and the necessary movement led to the fact that the Lightning lost in five of the last seven games, showing hockey very modest quality. Yes, in the last game they managed to defeat Montreal – 4:0, however, the current form of the Canadiens does not allow us to consider a duel with them as a litmus test. As a result, Tampa Bay Lightning is now on the second line in the standings of the Eastern Conference.
It seems that Boston will not be able to catch up with anyone in the current regular season. While all major competitors are in recession, wards of Bruce Cassidy continue to win, being in great shape. Yes, at the end of February the Bruins quite suddenly lost alternately to Vancouver and Calgary – 3:9 and 2:5, respectively, but these defeats did not break them. In the next four fights, they do not know the bitterness of defeat, and especially reliably after 12 missed goals in two matches the defense began to act. The team is showing excellent results, which has led the Bears to lead the Eastern Conference standings, nine points ahead of the closest rival.
Tampa Bay Lightning vs Boston Bruins Prediction
We have a battle for the pride of the NHL here tonight as the Tampa Bay Lightning travel to Boston to take on the Bruins. Four days ago, the rivals were already meeting each other, and then the Boston hockey players managed to interrupt the Tampa Bay 4-game winning streak in their full-time confrontation. This outcome turned out to be quite natural, since now the Bruins are in excellent shape, but the Lightning are experiencing a small crisis, losing in five of their last seven matches. All this makes the wards of Bruce Cassidy favorites in the upcoming battle, especially now they will play on their ice, where they won eight out of nine previous matches.
With each new match between Boston and Tampa Bay, performance is becoming more modest. Last two bouts between the last season gave hockey fans nine goals, the opening match of the current championship pleased with seven goals, the game before last took only five goals, and four days ago the opponents completely limited themselves to three goals. In the upcoming battle, one should not expect scoring insanity.
Lightning vs Bruins Score Prediction: 2 – 3
Full-Game Side Bet
On the basis of this, that the Bruins this season are very unstable at home, we will bet on the hosts.
Prediction: Boston Bruins (-130)
Full-Game Total Pick
Judging by the statistics of Boston and his personal meetings with Tampa Bay, we bet on a Total Under.
Prediction: Under 5.5 Game Total (-116)
Computer and Public Consensus Picks
|March 7, 7:00 PM Tampa Bay @ Boston||To Win||Total|
|Computer Score Prediction||2.2 – 3.1||5.3|
|Computer Pick||BOS (-130)||Under 5.5|
|Public Consensus||Split Decision||Over 5.5|
|Consensus Bet %||50%||73%|
Previous NHL H2H Game Highlights. Bruins @ Lightning 3/3/20
Betting Tips Stats
- The previous 3 out of 5 matches between the teams ended with 5.5 Total Over.
- The Boston Bruins look for a win to build on their four-game winning streak. The Boston Bruins are averaging 3.3 goals per game and are scoring on 25.1 percent of their power play opportunities.
- The Tampa Bay Lightning are averaging 3.5 goals per game and are scoring on 23.1 percent of their power play opportunities.
- Tampa Bay lost to the Bruins in a previous game.
Betting Odds Trends
Tampa Bay Lightning
- Total Over in 7 of last 9 games.
- 13-5 SU in last 18 games.
- 9-2 SU in last 11 games against Boston.
- 6-2 SU in last 8 games on the road.
- 4-1 SU in last 5 games when playing on the road against Boston.
- Total Under in 9 of last 11 games against an opponent in the Eastern Conference.
- Total Under 12 of last 18 games.
- 15-3 SU in last 18 games.
- 8-1 SU in last 9 games at home.
- 1-4 SU in last 5 games when playing at home against Tampa Bay.
- Total Under in all 7 games against an opponent in the Eastern Conference.
- Total Under in all 7 games against an opponent in the Atlantic Division.