Washington will find out relations with San Jose on January 5 in the evening, and our website will prepare a forecast for this meeting. “Sharks” have the advantage in full-time fights with “Capital”, but what do they oppose to the opponent now, being in poor shape? Washington Capitals San Jose Sharks starts on 5.1.2020. at 17:30 UTC time at Capital One Arena stadium, Washington, D.C., USA in NHL – USA
San Jose Sharks 19-21-3
San Jose completely failed the first half of the season, as it occupies one of the last lines of the Western Conference and has already stopped two points from completely closing the table. But the “Sharks” recently started to wake up and even defeated the “Philadelphia” with a score of 6: 1, and also beat the “Pittsburgh” in overtime – 3: 2, but in the main time lost to “Detroit” (0: 2). It should be emphasized that Sharks held 19 meetings on the road and in ten cases they managed to score points. Washington on January 5 found out relations with San Jose on the evening. Sharks have an advantage in points against Stolichnye, but are they in poor shape?
Washington Capitals 28-9-5
Washington is the leader of the whole championship and takes first place in the number of points scored and, accordingly, is located on the first line of the overall table. The team again managed to dwell on two defeats in a row, and “Stolichnye” in the last match dealt with “Carolina” with a score of 4: 3, and Evgeni Kuznetsov was noted by the puck and assists. Before that, “Lice” lost to “Hurricanes” 4: 6, and also lost in the tight fight “Islanders” – 3: 4. Recall that in their arena the team played 19 matches, in eight of which lost.
Betting Tips Statistic
- San Jose have won the last three of four away matches against Lice.
- Washington lost in the last two meetings of the three.
- Sharks won two of the three matches.
San Jose Sharks
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of San Jose’s last 6 games.
- San Jose are 4-11 SU in their last 15 games.
- San Jose are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games against Washington.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of San Jose’s last 5 games on the road.
- San Jose are 7-1 SU in their last 8 games when playing on the road against Washington.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Jose’s last 5 games this season.
- San Jose are 3-6 SU in their last 9 games against an opponent in the East conference.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Washington’s last 5 games.
- Washington are 12-5 SU in their last 17 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 13 of Washington’s last 18 games at home.
- Washington are 1-7 SU in their last 8 games when playing at home against San Jose.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Washington’s last 7 games this season.
- Washington are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games against an opponent in the West conference.
- San Jose Sharks: Dalton Prout
- Washington Capitals: No Reported Injuries
San Jose Sharks vs Washington Capitals Predictions
We think that if San Jose is an uncomfortable opponent for Washington and Stolichniy loses to it very often, then this time the guests will be able to deliver certain difficulties to Stolichniy. At least, “Sharks” should definitely impose a fight and try to translate the game into overtime.
- MoneyLine Pick: Washington Capitals Win -230
- Against the Spread Pick: Washington Capitals 6.5 Point Spread
- Over Under Pick: Over 6.5 Game Totals
- Computer Predicted Score: Washington wins this one 5-2.