On January 01, 2020, 7:30 PM ET. Madison Square Garden, Portland will try to break off its series of defeats in an away match against New York Knicks. Will the Trail Blazers do this? – read in our predictions.
Portland Trail Blazers 14-20 (13-19-2 ATS)
Portland failed to gain a foothold in the playoffs and gave way to San Antonio. The last time the Trail Blazers won the regular season was ten days ago when they beat Minnesota (113-106) at home. After that, the “blazers” fell into crisis, as they lost to New Orleans (94-102), Utah (115-121), Lakers (120-128) and Phoenix (116-122) .
In the latest Portland matches, all team leaders played. But McCallum, Lillard and Anthony still can not boast of special stability.
New York Knicks 9-24 (17-16 ATS)
The Knicks significantly improved their game after the departure of David Fizdale. Now, Mike Miller’s wards are much more likely to win and have won five victories in the last ten matches. In the previous two matches, the team from New York looked pretty good and even managed to defeat the “Washington” (107-100) and the “Brooklyn” (94-82). The best of those matches was Julius Randle. It is possible that in this meeting the Knickerbockers will again bet on the individual skill of this player.
- Portland have won their last six head-to-head meetings.
- The Knicks lost 4 of their last 5 personal confrontations.
- New York have lost 9 of their last 10 games at Madison Square Garden.
Portland Trail Blazers
- Portland are 0-4-1 ATS in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Portland’s last 7 games.
- Portland are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games.
- Portland are 10-5 ATS in their last 15 games against New York.
- Portland are 6-0 SU in their last 6 games against New York.
- Portland are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games on the road.
- Portland are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games when playing on the road against New York.
- Portland are 4-10-1 ATS in their last 15 games this season.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Portland’s last 5 games against an opponent in the Eastern conference.
- Portland are 10-4 SU in their last 14 games against an opponent in the Atlantic division.
Rodney Hood, Jusuf Nurkic, Zach Collins
New York Knicks
- New York are 6-3 ATS in their last 9 games.
- New York are 5-14 SU in their last 19 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of New York’s last 8 games against Portland.
- New York are 1-8 SU in their last 9 games at home.
- New York are 1-6 SU in their last 7 games when playing at home against Portland.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of New York’s last 9 games against an opponent in the Western conference.
- New York are 1-7 ATS in their last 8 games against an opponent in the Northwest division.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of New York’s last 5 games played in January.
- New York are 4-12 ATS in their last 16 games played on a Wednesday.
No Reported Injuries
Portland Trail Blazers vs New York Knicks Predictions
Three weeks ago, Portland defeated the Knicks at home with a score of 115-87. We believe that in this meeting, “blazers” should win. Class this command is higher. Despite the recent setbacks, the Stotts wards have good chances to win this match. They play great in New York, so we suggest betting on guests.
Computer predicted picks
- Moneyline pick: Portland Trail Blazers Will Win
- Against The Spread Pick: POR Trail Blazers -4 Point Spread
- Over Under Pick: Over 222 Game Totals