Portland Trail Blazers vs Minnesota Timberwolves, Thursday January 9, 2020, 8:00 PM (EST), Target Center, Minneapolis, MN.
On January 9, Minnesota and Portland will have a personal meeting at the Target Center arena, and we have prepared a prediction for this confrontation. How will the match end? – read below.
Portland Trail Blazers 16-22 (15-21-2 ATS)
The Blazers again stopped a step away from the leading eight of the Western Conference, so you need to push a little more. On the other hand, the team suffers from injuries, because Rodney Hood, Yusuf Nurkich, Zach Collins and Skal Labissier are in the infirmary.
Portland gained a very important victory in the last meeting, as it left the Canadian club Toronto (101-91) with nothing. Terry Stots wards withstood the pressure at the beginning of the match and simply showed their game, so everything went according to the Blazers plan.
Minnesota Timberwolves 14-22 (15-19-2 ATS)
Timberwolves with small steps, but still come to their senses, especially Andrew Uggins and Jeff Teague returned to the floor, which can pull the team to the previous level. The team of Ryan Saunders has already suffered a lot this season, so it’s time to join the fight for the playoff zone.
Minnesota lost in a previous meeting to Memphis in an away match, though it performed with dignity (112-119). Timberwolves is not very successful in the home arena, but recently, the native walls have helped the club gradually recover.
Betting Tips Statistic
- In the last five personal matches, Portland celebrated victory four times.
- Minnesota do not lose in the home arena for two fights.
- On account of the Blazers eight away victories.
Portland Trail Blazers
- Portland are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games.
- Portland are 2-6 SU in their last 8 games.
- Portland are 10-2-1 ATS in their last 13 games against Minnesota.
- Portland are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games against Minnesota.
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Portland’s last 10 games on the road.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Portland’s last 5 games when playing on the road against Minnesota.
- Portland are 1-8-1 ATS in their last 10 games against an opponent in the Western conference.
- Portland are 11-4 ATS in their last 15 games played in January.
- Portland are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games played on a Thursday.
- Minnesota are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Minnesota’s last 11 games.
- Minnesota are 4-14 SU in their last 18 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Minnesota’s last 6 games against Portland.
- Minnesota are 2-9 ATS in their last 11 games at home.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Minnesota’s last 5 games when playing at home against Portland.
- Minnesota are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games this season.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Minnesota’s last 7 games against an opponent in the Western conference.
- Minnesota are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Northwest division.
- Minnesota are 3-7 SU in their last 10 games played on a Thursday.
- Portland Trail Blazers: Rodney Hood, Jusuf Nurkic, Skal Labissiere, Zach Collins
- Minnesota Timberwolves: Karl-Anthony Towns, Jake Layman
Portland Trail Blazers vs Minnesota Timberwolves Predictions
In our opinion, with the return of Andrew Wiggins and Jeff Teague to the floor, the Minnesota began to act more stably. Portland added, but the lack of personnel does not allow the Terry Stots team to return to a high level. In this case, we offer a bet on a positive head start of the hosts.
Our prediction is Minnesota Timberwolves victory
- MoneyLine Pick: Minnesota Timberwolves Will Win
- Against the Spread Pick: POR Trail Blazers -2.5 Point Spread
- Over Under Pick: Under 224.5 Game Totals
- Computer Predicted Score: