On January 2 2020, 7:00 PM ET. PPG Paints Arena, Pittsburgh, PA. The Pittsburgh Penguins vs. San Jose Sharks meet in a matchup of teams from the Eastern and Western Conference in NHL action. Who will win this battle – read in our predictions.
Pittsburgh Penguins 24-11-4 (20-19 ATS)
The Penguins will be hoping to add focuses to their aggregate and for the season they sit with 24 successes and 11 misfortunes. Concerning differential, they are sitting second in the East and second in the NHL with +30. They right now have an aggregate of 134 objectives for this season which is sixth in the gathering. Pittsburgh has a group spare % of .909 which is useful for ninth in the NHL, which reveals to us scoring chances could introduce themselves. They are shooting 10.3% which places them at seventh in the East. In net for Pittsburgh is Tristan Jarry who is having a strong year by permitting just 1.88 objectives per challenge and that spots him first among Eastern Conference goaltenders and first in the NHL among goaltenders. In the 1,022 mins he has been on the ice this year, he’s given up 32 objectives. He has a spare % of .938, which has him positioned first among Eastern Conference goaltenders and first in the NHL among goaltenders.
San Jose Sharks 17-21-3 (16-25 ATS)
The San Jose Sharks come into the game with a record of 17 successes and 21 defeats, which is useful for seventh in the Pacific Division. So far this year, they have scored an aggregate of 107 goals which positions them thirteenth in the Western Conference and 26th in the class. Their objective differential is – 31, which is useful for 29th in the class. The Sharks as of now have an aggregate of 37 pts, which positions them 29th in the alliance and fifteenth in the West. Regarding shots toward the net, they presently have a sum of 1,193 which positions them thirteenth in the West and 25th in the association. As a unit, San Jose at present has a sum of 863 hits which implies they are averaging 21 for each game. They as of now have an aggregate of 431 squares for the year. Securing the net for San Jose is Martin Jones from North Vancouver, British Columbia. He is 30 years of age and has totaled 1,705 mins safeguarding the net for the season. Jones is permitting a normal of 3.13 GAA which makes them sit 25th among Western Conference goaltenders and 47th among goalies in the NHL. During this year, he has permitted 89 objectives. His spare rate is .893 which makes them sit 29th among Western Conference goaltender
The San Jose Sharks were on an inappropriate finish of the scoreboard with a 2 – 0 destruction against the Detroit Red Wings in their last challenge. The Sharks didn’t have an incredible indicating disagreeably in the thrashing. For this matchup, they completed 0 out of the 34 shots they put on net. Additionally, they had 3 strategic maneuver openings yet couldn’t score. San Jose piled on 11 penalty mins in this game. The Corsi for the Sharks sat at 51 and the Corsi against was 36 which discloses to us they had a Corsi level of 58.6%. Their Fenwick was 33 while the Fenwick against at even quality was 26, which gave them a pace of 55.9%. They took 23 go head to head wins and were beaten on 17 of the face-offs. Their hostile zone begins were appraised at 71.3% and they had a PDO of 88.9 for this one. Regarding their rival’s details, the Detroit Red Wings piled on an aggregate of 23 shots. They completed with a sum of 13 minutes in the case and they counted 2 strategic maneuver possibilities.
- The Sharks are 7-19 in their last 26 games as an underdog, 1-4 in their last 5 games playing on 1 days rest and 2-11 in their last 13 overall.
- The Penguins are 5-0 in their last 5 games as a favorite, 137-62 in their last 199 home games and 7-1 in their last 8 overall.
- The under is 5-2 in Sharks last 7 overall.
- The over is 4-1 in Penguins last 5 overall.
- The home team is 19-9 in the last 28 meetings.
- The under is 9-3-1 in the last 13 meetings in Pittsburgh and 11-4-1 in the last 16 meetings.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Pittsburgh’s last 5 games.
- Pittsburgh are 7-1 SU in their last 8 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Pittsburgh’s last 16 games against San Jose.
- Pittsburgh are 9-1 SU in their last 10 games at home.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Pittsburgh’s last 8 games when playing at home against San Jose.
- Pittsburgh are 10-2 SU in their last 12 games this season.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Pittsburgh’s last 6 games against an opponent in the West conference.
San Jose Sharks
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Jose’s last 6 games.
- San Jose are 2-11 SU in their last 13 games.
- San Jose are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games on the road.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of San Jose’s last 8 games when playing on the road against Pittsburgh.
- San Jose are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games this season.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of San Jose’s last 6 games against an opponent in the Metropolitan division.
- Pittsburgh Penguins: Sidney Crosby, Justin Schultz, Nick Bjugstad, Brian Dumoulin, Jake Guentzel.
- San Jose Sharks: Dalton Prout, Melker Karlsson.
Pittsburgh Penguins vs. San Jose Sharks Predictions
The Pittsburgh Penguins confronted the Ottawa Senators in a game where the Penguins brought home the win by a score of 5 – 2. For this game, Pittsburgh had a 55.0% Corsi rating. They wound up with that by winning a Corsi of 55 while the restriction earned a Corsi of 45. Their Fenwick rate came in at 54.3% by acquiring a Fenwick of 38 and the Senators having earned a 32 Fenwick at even quality. These Corsi details disclose to us the account of the sort of game Pittsburgh played and they appeared in this game. They had a PDO of 107.3 and they earned an oZS level of 53.1%. The Penguins scored 5 goals out of the 33 shots on objective they attempted. They had 1 strategic maneuver endeavor in this game however couldn’t score an objective. In examining the resistance, the Senators had 2 strategic maneuver risks however didn’t place the puck in goal. Pittsburgh offered approach to 26 shots on objective and the Senators had 26 penalty mins.
- Moneyline picks: Pittsburgh Will Win +160
- Against the Spread Pick: San Jose Sharks +6.5 Point Spread -180
- Over Under Pick: Under 6.5 Game Totals