Prediction for Phoenix Suns – New York Knicks, January 16, 2020, Thursday. The Phoenix Suns and New York Knicks meet Thursday in NBA action at Madison Square Garden.
Phoenix Suns 16-24 (20-19-1 ATS)
The Suns have no high-quality defenders in, but there are enough talented players, so in almost every match the team scores more than a hundred points. But, since guests defend their ring poorly, they miss no less, and even much more. Because of such an open and overly attacking game, Phoenix can not achieve good results and is among the outsiders in the championship, retaining only theoretical chances of a playoff. The team played the last matches not in the best way, having won only three victories in the last ten meetings, and all of them were at home, so the Phoenix Suns have not won for a long time. The head coach could not change his tactics, which means that in this match the guests will only attack again, because only they can do it. One of the defenders will not be able to play due to disqualification.
New York Knicks 11-30 (20-21 ATS)
The Knicks lost in the last game, but the fans hope that the team will be positively affected by their native arena, because players play much better at home and show better results. Over the entire season, New York lost only two meetings at home, so it is unlikely that the hosts will lose points, especially in a match with such a simple opponent. Yes, the team lost its two leaders, without which it is very difficult to play, and the last game was clear evidence of this. But, if we take the last four matches, which also did not have these injured players, then they had only one defeat and four victories. The hosts are now third in the standings, so they have almost secured a ticket to the playoffs, but they also have good chances for a champion title.
- Phoenix are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Phoenix’s last 5 games.
- Phoenix are 5-12 SU in their last 17 games.
- Phoenix are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games against New York.
- Phoenix are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games against New York.
- Phoenix are 2-6 SU in their last 8 games on the road.
- Phoenix are 7-2 ATS in their last 9 games when playing on the road against New York.
- Phoenix are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games this season.
- Phoenix are 4-2 SU in their last 6 games against an opponent in the Eastern conference.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Phoenix’s last 9 games against an opponent in the Atlantic division.
New York Knicks
- New York are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of New York’s last 7 games.
- New York are 1-6 SU in their last 7 games.
- New York are 3-9 SU in their last 12 games at home.
- New York are 2-7 ATS in their last 9 games when playing at home against Phoenix.
- New York are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games this season.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of New York’s last 5 games against an opponent in the Western conference.
- New York are 6-13 ATS in their last 19 games against an opponent in the Pacific division.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of New York’s last 7 games played in January.
- Phoenix Suns: Ricky Rubio, Frank Kaminsky
- New York Knicks: Marcus Morris, Dennis Smith Jr., Frank Ntilikina
Phoenix Suns vs New York Knicks Prediction
Phoenix Suns is third in the championship, and there are still chances to rise higher in the standings, as the two teams above did not come off very much. Away the team plays a little worse than in their native walls, but now the guests are in good shape, because they demonstrate a series of eight victories, and the last three matches were just away.
- MoneyLine Pick: Phoenix Suns Will Win -3.5
- Against the Spread Pick: New York Knicks +3.5 Point Spread
- Over Under Pick: The Total Will Go Under 223.5
- Computer Predicted Score: Phoenix Suns vs New York Knicks 113-107