January 01, 2020, 10:30 PM ET. Staples Center. It seems that the Lakers have regained their lost shape after defeating Portland and Dallas over the weekend, and this is not good news for the Phoenix Suns. However, their winning streak is no worse than that of LeBron and company.
Phoenix Suns 13-20 (18-14-1 ATS)
Phoenix Suns is one of the league’s worst defensive teams. They miss 115.1 points per game, taking 25th place in this indicator. In an attack, “Suns” gain an average of 114.3 points, this is the sixth place in the NBA. On Saturday, the Phoenix closed the eight-match losing streak with a victory over Sacramento 112:110, and on Monday won Portland 122: 116 despite a spread of (+19) points in the first half. Devin Booker accurately realized all his 15 free throws and scored 33 points, Kelly Oubre Jr. added 29 points, scoring seven 3-point shots.
With Portland, center Deandre Ayton returned to the game after missing five games due to an ankle sprain. He left the bench, collected 12 rebounds and scored six points in 20 minutes. The first meeting between the teams took place on November 12, the “sun” with a score of 115: 123 lost at home.
LA Lakers 26-7 (18-15 ATS)
The second after the “Milwaukee” NBA regular season team on Sunday issued one of the best defensive matches of the season, strangling with a score of 108: 95 “Mavericks”. Never before has the Dallas scored such an insignificant number of points, the Lakers allowed them to realize only 36% of the shots from the game, and Luka Doncic was closed with 19 points. A day earlier, the Lakers defeated Portland 128: 120 in a completely different style, breaking off a record-breaking series of four-game losses this season.
“We just needed to find ourselves again,” said Anthony Davis, who scored 23 points with Dallas. – It started with a defense. We were able to return to what we can do on the defensive, and when we defend well, we can defeat any team. ” The Lakers take fifth place in the league in defense, missing an average of 105.2 points per game, but lead in block shots with an average of 7.2 per match. LeBron James designed a double-double of 13 points and 12 assists.
- Over the last five head to head games, the Lakers celebrated victory four times.
- For the previous five games that the teams had among themselves, a total of 220.5 points gone over three times.
- On the account of the “Lakers” 11 home victories.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Phoenix’s last 6 games.
- Phoenix are 2-8 SU in their last 10 games.
- Phoenix are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games against LA Lakers.
- Phoenix are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games against LA Lakers.
- Phoenix are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games on the road.
- Phoenix are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games when playing on the road against LA Lakers.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Phoenix’s last 5 games this season.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Phoenix’s last 6 games against an opponent in the Western conference.
- Phoenix are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Pacific division.
No Reported Injuries
- LA Lakers are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of LA Lakers’ last 7 games.
- LA Lakers are 15-5 SU in their last 20 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of LA Lakers’ last 6 games against Phoenix.
- LA Lakers are 11-4 SU in their last 15 games at home.
- LA Lakers are 4-2 ATS in their last 6 games when playing at home against Phoenix.
- The total has gone UNDER in 12 of LA Lakers’ last 18 games this season.
- LA Lakers are 17-3 SU in their last 20 games against an opponent in the Western conference.
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of LA Lakers’ last 11 games against an opponent in the Pacific division.
- LA Lakers are 4-2 ATS in their last 6 games played on a Wednesday.
Phoenix Suns vs Los Angeles Lakers Predictions
“Lakers” will approach this confrontation in the best possible way and will be able to confirm the status of a favorite, though “Phoenix” also scored a good move, so we expect a spectacular meeting.
- Moneyline pick: LA LakersWill Win
- Against The Spread Pick: PHX Suns +11 Point Spread
- Over Under Pick: Over 226.5 Game Totals