Philadelphia 76ers vs. Boston Celtics. Thursday January 9, 2020, 7:00 PM (EST). Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, PA.
The Boston Celtics are on the road for a matchup with the Philadelphia 76ers. Philadelphia and Boston will meet to determine the strongest, and we have prepared prediction for this confrontation. Will the hosts play in their own style?
Philadelphia 76ers 24-14 (16-21-1 ATS)
Philadelphia is the fifth in the Eastern Conference, though a much better result is expected from a team with such personnel. More recently, the team of Brett Brown survived the crisis, which lasted four matches, but in the last meeting the situation changed for the better.
The Sixers managed to beat Oklahoma within their home walls (120-113), although the team lost one of the leaders Joel Embiid, as a heavy striker injured his finger. It was noticeable that the owners put everything at stake and went all-in, but this decision brought a positive result.
Philadelphia has once again proved that it’s better not to anger it at the Wells Fargo Center arena, where the club very rarely loses points, so Boston should be well prepared if the guests are aimed at winning, of course.
Boston Celtics 25-10 (20-13-2 ATS)
Celtics lost the second line of the East in just two fights, though we must pay tribute to Miami, because the opponent took advantage of the problems of the Brad Stevens team. On the other hand, the club feels comfortable in the top three and is ready to wedge itself into the fight again.
Recall that “Boston” lost twice in a row, first on the road to Washington (94-99), which can be called a sensation, and then could not cope with “San Antonio” (114-129). The team played poorly in the attack, although this can easily be explained, since Kemba Walker missed the meeting due to health problems.
The Celtics go on a visit to an uncomfortable opponent, so we will have to give all our best, though a really interesting confrontation awaits us.
Betting Tips Statistic
- In the last five personal matches, the Philadelphia won three wins.
- This season, the Sixers have played 19 matches in the home arena, of which 17 have won.
- Boston is the second team of the East in away victories.
- Philadelphia are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Philadelphia’s last 10 games.
- Philadelphia are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Philadelphia’s last 6 games at home.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Philadelphia’s last 5 games when playing at home against Boston.
- Philadelphia are 4-8 ATS in their last 12 games this season.
- Philadelphia are 4-2 ATS in their last 6 games against an opponent in the Eastern conference.
- Philadelphia are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games against an opponent in the Atlantic division.
- Philadelphia are 8-3 SU in their last 11 games played in January.
- Boston are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Boston’s last 6 games.
- Boston are 8-3 SU in their last 11 games.
- Boston are 11-4 ATS in their last 15 games against Philadelphia.
- Boston are 14-6 SU in their last 20 games against Philadelphia.
- Boston are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games on the road.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Boston’s last 5 games when playing on the road against Philadelphia.
- Boston are 7-3 SU in their last 10 games this season.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Boston’s last 5 games against an opponent in the Eastern conference.
- Boston are 6-3 SU in their last 9 games against an opponent in the Atlantic division.
- Philadelphia 76ers: Joel Embiid
- Boston Celtics: No Reported Injuries
Philadelphia 76ers vs Boston Celtics Predictions
Both teams do not mind putting victory in their piggy bank, therefore a principled and at the same time spectacular meeting is expected. “Philadelphia” will be released on the floor not only as a host, but also a favorite, and there is nothing surprising here, as Brett Brown’s wards at home demonstrate a reliable game. The only concern is the absence of Joel Embiid, though Boston is also not all right with the roster, as Kemb Walker’s performance is questionable.
In a word, we assume that the native walls will help Philadelphia score points, which is what we are betting on.
- MoneyLine Pick: Philadelphia Will Win
- Against the Spread Pick: BOS Celtics +2 Point Spread
- Over Under Pick: Under 212.5 Game Totals
- Computer Predicted Score: