January 07, 2020, 7:00 PM ET. Capital One Arena. Ottawa Senators vs Washington Capitals game preview.
Washington in the match on January 7 will fight with Ottawa, and our expert tipsters will give their predictionas for their meeting. Senators have not won a single match last season against the Capitals. Will they get better now?
Ottawa had a good two matches against Florida and Tampa and in each case had excellent chances to earn two points, but in the end twice left with nothing.
Canadians lost to the Panthers with a score of 3:6, and in the match with Lightning they lost 3:5, and in the course of the meeting they led 3:2. Away, the performance of the Senators leaves much to be desired, since so far they have only five victories in 22 matches.
After two defeats of Washington two victories followed, which the team got against Carolina 4:3 and San Jose 5:4. Both fights were held in an equal fight, and at some points, luck was on the side of Capitals, thanks to which they achieved success.
Not a single team for the entire season has managed to move the Capitals from the first line of the table. Recall that the wards of Todd Rirden broke away from Boston by four points.
Betting Tips Statistic
- The last two matches between the teams went with a total of 4.5 more.
- Washington won two bouts in a row.
- Ottawa lost in the last four meetings.
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of Ottawa’s last 10 games.
- Ottawa are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games.
- Ottawa are 0-6 SU in their last 6 games against Washington.
- Ottawa are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games on the road.
- Ottawa are 0-7 SU in their last 7 games when playing on the road against Washington.
- The total has gone OVER in 13 of Ottawa’s last 15 games this season.
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Ottawa’s last 9 games against an opponent in the East conference.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Washington’s last 6 games.
- Washington are 13-5 SU in their last 18 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Washington’s last 9 games against Ottawa.
- Washington are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games at home.
- Washington are 7-0 SU in their last 7 games when playing at home against Ottawa.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Washington’s last 5 games this season.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Washington’s last 5 games against an opponent in the East conference.
- Ottawa Senators: Ron Hainsey, Dylan DeMelo
- Washington Capitals: No Reported Injuries
Senators vs Capitals Predictions
Washington is stronger than its rival in all aspects, both in defense and in attack. Capitals should not have big difficulties, because Ottawa very rarely earns points in away matches and, moreover, is on a series of defeats. We believe that the fight will be productive and the victory will go to the hosts. Prediction – the victory of Washington.
- MoneyLine Pick: WAS Capitals Will Win
- Against the Spread Pick: WAS Capitals -1.5 Puck Line
- Over Under Pick: Over 6.5 Game Totals
- Computer Predicted Score Senators vs Capitals: 3 : 4