Today Match Prediction New Zealand vs India 1st ODI Match 2020. Who Will Win?
When is match taking place?
Wednesday 5th February, 2020 – 02:00 (UK)
Where is game taking place?
Seddon Park – Hamilton, New Zealand
What is the expected weather?
23c in mostly sunny skies
What channel is South Africa vs England on?
Watch live on Sky Sports Cricket
Live Streaming: Bet365, Hotstar, Now TV, Sky Go
New Zealand failed to give their best performance in the recent T20 series. They faced a whitewash on their home ground. They took two T20s matches closer but failed to win. New Zealand had not made many changes in their final squad for the ODI series. Kane Williamson will be leading the ODI squad for these three ODIs and with him, Rose Taylor and Martin Guptill will be handling the batting order. Colin de Grandhomme, Scott Kuggeleijn, Mitchell Santner, and James Neesham are the part of the squad as an all-rounder. Hamish Bennett, Kyle Jamieson, Tim Southee, and Ish Sodhi will be handling the bowling department of the New Zealand side.
New Zealand Starting Lineup
KS Williamson, Martin Guptill, Henry Nicholls, TG Southee, Colin Munro, TWM Latham, Lockie Ferguson, Ross Taylor, Mitchell Santner, TA Boult, Doug Bracewell.
The way how team India started its way to this important tour of New Zealand was just outstanding. They had a whitewash over the host team in the T20 series as they won all five matches where they won two T20 matches in super over. The regular captain of team India, Virat Kohli will be leading the side in this series of three ODIs. India is the second-best ODI team of the world.
India Starting Lineup
Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, V Kohli, MS Dhoni, Kedar Jadhav, Ambati Rayudu, V Shankar, Kuldeep Yadav, YS Chahal, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mohammed Shami.
Betting Tips Statistic
- New Zealand have been left bruised and battered after being whitewashed 0-5 in the T20I series in their own backyard.
- New Zealand have won five out of their six ODIs against India at the Seddon Park including the previous three in a row.
- The Indian batsmen will look to take advantage of the inexperience in the Kiwi bowling attack and dictate terms early on.
- New Zealand and India have played 107 one-day internationals against each other with the latter leading the scoreline 55-46. One of those encounters has resulted in a tie while five have ended in no-result.
- India have won six of their last eight ODI encounters against New Zealand and had crushed them 4-1 in the five-match series during last year’s tour.
- New Zealand, however, avenged their home series loss with an 18-run victory in last year’s World Cup semi-final game at Manchester, knocking India out of the tournament.
- Last meeting: New Zealand beat India by 18 runs
The side winning the toss is almost certainly going to field first.
New Zealand certainly seems to be the more settled side and is playing in home conditions. India is also without Jasprit Bumrah, its best batsman, and could take some time to figure out its best paying combinations.
New Zealand should be able to get off to a winning start. Our Prediction New Zealand Will Win.