New York Rangers at New York Islanders, Thursday January 16, 2020, 7:00 PM (EST), Nassau Coliseum, NY
The Islanders gave an incredibly productive meeting with Detroit, and they will compete with the Rangers on January 16, and you will find out how this match will end in our prediction.
- MoneyLine Pick: New York Islanders -156
- Over Under Pick: Under 6.0 Game Totals
- Computer Predicted Score: New York Islanders will win 4-3
New York Rangers 22-19-4
The match against the Islanders was the last for the Rangers, so the team got more days off than the opponent. Note that earlier on their ice the Rangers sorted out Colorado (5:3) and New Jersey (6:3), but on a visit they lost significantly to St. Louis – 2:5.
New York has excellent chances of reaching the playoffs this season, as the team occupies the 12th line of the East and is six points behind the eighth place. But here on the road, the results of the team leave much to be desired, since David Quinn’s wards lost 13 matches out of 22.
New York Islanders 28-13-4
The Islanders usually do not please their fans with major victories and defeats, but that’s what happened in the previous match. Islanders literally did not feel Detroit and scored eight goals into the opponent’s goal, having gained the upper hand with a score of 8:2. Recall that previously the team lost two bouts against Boston (2:3 OT) and the Rangers (2:6).
Wards Barry Trotz currently have an asset of 60 points and are located on the fourth line of the Eastern Conference.
Betting Tips Statistic
- The Islanders have won their last three out of four matches against the Rangers on their ice.
- Rangers lost in three of six fights.
- The last time the Rangers lost away with a score of 2:5.
Betting Odds Trends
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of NY Rangers’ last 9 games.
- NY Rangers are 4-13 SU in their last 17 games against NY Islanders.
- NY Rangers are 1-6 SU in their last 7 games on the road.
- NY Rangers are 1-7 SU in their last 8 games when playing on the road against NY Islanders.
- The total has gone OVER in 13 of NY Rangers’ last 15 games this season.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of NY Rangers’ last 6 games against an opponent in the East conference.
- NY Islanders are 2-5 SU in their last 7 games at home.
- NY Islanders are 7-1 SU in their last 8 games when playing at home against NY Rangers.
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of NY Islanders’ last 11 games against an opponent in the Metropolitan division.
- The total has gone UNDER in 11 of NY Islanders’ last 14 games played in January.
- NY Rangers: Brendan Lemieux
- NY Islanders: Cal Clutterbuck, Casey Cizikas, Adam Pelech
New York Rangers vs New York Islanders Predictions
The Islanders are quite capable of rehabilitating themselves for the recent devastating defeat, as the Rangers manage to score a lot, usually only on their own ice, but visiting guests often have problems. The “Islanders” same meeting at home with the “Cops” usually go smoothly, and they earn two points.