On January 2 2020, 7:00 PM ET. Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Uniondale, New York. The New York Islanders vs. New Jersey Devils meet in NHL action. Any team can win on some random night in this class, so let us check the trends and see who has the preferred position today around evening time. – read in our predictions.
New York Islanders
The NY Islanders rank fifteenth in the NHL in objectives scored per game when at home with 3.26 all things considered. Brock Nelson has been ablaze this year, piling on 30 points in 38 games this year. Nelson has scored a great deal of objectives by getting physical before the net. The Islanders and Nelson should bring everything to beat the Devils here this evening.
NY has a safeguard positioned thirteenth in the NHL in goals permitted per game when on home ice. The Islanders will look towards Semyon Varlamov to be a stone divider in this game. Varlamov has been strong all year yet should deal with his blocker to begin dominating more matches and eliminating goals permitted. Search for the Islanders to get physical and help out their goalie in this game.
New Jersey Devils
The NJ Devils rank 23rd in the NHL in goals permitted per game when at home. MacKenzie Blackwood didn’t have an extraordinary December however is energetic and inspired to come back to shape in 2020. Blackwood has not had the option to shut down his holes starting late, however he should do so today around evening time to beat this NY squad. Blackwood will likewise require some help from his skaters to hinder this present Islanders’ powerful offense.
Kyle Palmieri needs to step up now, as Hall just got exchanged to Arizona. Without Taylor Hall, this NJ offense is going to need to locate another flash as they as of now rank only 29th in the NHL with simply 2.26 goals scored per game at home. Palmieri is ready to supplant Hall and become the star they have to begin scoring a few goals.
- The Devils are 8-11 when on the road, entering this game with a record of 5-4-1 in their last 10 games.
- The NY Islanders rank 4th in the NHL with a record of 23-10-3.
- NY has a record of 6-3-1 in their last 10 games.
- The Islanders have a home record of 13-4-2, among the best in the NHL.
New York Islanders
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of NY Islanders’ last 7 games against New Jersey.
- NY Islanders are 12-4 SU in their last 16 games at home.
- NY Islanders are 10-1 SU in their last 11 games when playing at home against New Jersey.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of NY Islanders’ last 8 games against an opponent in the Metropolitan division.
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of NY Islanders’ last 7 games played in January.
New Jersey Devils
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of New Jersey’s last 6 games.
- New Jersey are 5-10 SU in their last 15 games.
- New Jersey are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games against NY Islanders.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of New Jersey’s last 9 games on the road.
- New Jersey are 1-10 SU in their last 11 games when playing on the road against NY Islanders.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of New Jersey’s last 5 games this season.
- New Jersey are 2-5 SU in their last 7 games against an opponent in the East conference.
- New York Islanders: Cal Clutterbuck, Tom Kuhnhackl.
- New Jersey Devils: Matt Tennyson.
New York Islanders vs. New Jersey Devils Predictions
Go with the homeboys in this one and wager on the NY Islanders. The New Jersey Devils are battling this season, positioning around 30th in goals scored per game and objectives permitted per game when out and about. The Devils are deficient with regards to somebody to make that one major play late in the game, and the NY Islanders will exploit. NY has Brock Nelson and friends prepared to have a major event and rack up objectives on the detail sheet. The Islanders have worked superbly controlling the puck in the hostile zone and will keep on doing as such here today around evening time as they control the beat of the game. Take the Islanders at home in this game.
I would take the under in this game, principally in light of the fact that the Devils are so terrible at scoring. Ney Jersey is positioning only 29th in goals scored per game when out and about, a great sign for this absolute going under. Then again, the Islanders are great at scoring yet this line is sufficiently high to represent their objectives. Semyon Varlamov has been a stone divider this year for the Islanders and will keep the absolute low here today around evening time. On the opposite side of the ice, Mackenzie Blackwood has had an extraordinary year in his very own right. With the correct protective assistance, Blackwood could be probably the best goalie in the NHL and will be sufficient to hold the aggregate under this evening.
- Moneyline picks: NY IslandersWill Win +180
- Against the Spread Pick: New Jersey Devils +6.5 Point Spread -220
- Over Under Pick: Under 5.5 Game Totals