New Jersey Devils at Washington Capitals, Thursday January 16, 2020, 7:00 PM (EST), Capital One Arena, Washington, DC
Washington recently lost to New Jersey, but on January 17 it will try to please the fans with a victory, because Capitals are practically not mistaken on their ice. How will the meeting end? You will find out about this in our prediction.
New Jersey Devils 17-22-7
New Jersey in recent matches surprised and at the same time pleased its fans. Even to take a crushing victory over the same Washington, after which the Devils prevailed on their site over the Tampa (3:1). But this series did not last long, since in a guest match with Toronto the squad of Alain Nasreddin lost with a score of 4:7.
Recall that the team is on the 14th line of the Eastern Conference and have 41 points.
Washington Capitals 31-11-5
Washington is at the top of the Eastern Conference, but missed the lead in the overall table and temporarily gave it to St. Louis. Capitals suffered two defeats in a row, losing to Philadelphia (2:3) and New Jersey (1:5), but in a duel with Carolina they showed high-quality hockey and won 2-0.
Ilya Samsonov designed his first shootout in the NHL in a match with Hurricanes, defending 23 shots.
Betting Tips Statistic
- Washington have won the past four out of five games against New Jersey with a handicap of -1.5.
- New Jersey lost in the last meeting with a score of 4:7.
- Capitals beat Carolina with a score of 2:0.
Betting Odds Trends
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of New Jersey’s last 13 games.
- New Jersey are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games.
- New Jersey are 4-16 SU in their last 20 games against Washington.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of New Jersey’s last 7 games on the road.
- New Jersey are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games when playing on the road against Washington.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of New Jersey’s last 6 games this season.
- New Jersey are 2-6 SU in their last 8 games against an opponent in the Metropolitan division.
- Washington are 4-2 SU in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Washington’s last 6 games against New Jersey.
- Washington are 6-2 SU in their last 8 games at home.
- Washington are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games when playing at home against New Jersey.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Washington’s last 9 games played in January.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Washington’s last 5 games played on a Thursday.
- NJ Devils: Kyle Palmieri, Ben Street, MacKenzie Blackwood
- Washington Capitals: No Reported Injuries
New Jersey Devils vs Washington Capitals Predictions
Most likely, Washington will not allow such a mistake that happened in a recent fight with the Devils. Washington is much stronger than its rival both in the attacking component and in defense. Capitals previously confidently dealt with their rival, so they should please their fans with a victory.
Our prediction is the victory of Washington with an Asian handicap (-1.5)
Bet this game now at BetOnline and get a bonus
- MoneyLine Pick: WAS Capitals -1.5 Puck Line
- Over Under Pick: Over 6.5 Game Totals
- Computer Predicted Score: Washington Capitals vs NJ Devils 6 : 2