New Jersey Devils at Toronto Maple Leafs, Tuesday January 14, 2020, 7:00 PM (EST), Scotiabank Arena, Toronto, ON.
Toronto as part of the NHL match on January 14 will fight on its site with New Jersey, and we will make a prediction for this match. The Devils took the turn and beat the favorites, so they can surprise again.
New Jersey Devils 17-21-7
Devils, being one of the outsiders of the League, surprised many and its fans in particular, first defeating Washington “away” with a score of 3: 2, and then defeating Tampa on its ice (3:1), thereby interrupting the impressive series of an opponent of ten victories. Not without cool actions at the gates of Louis Domingo, who saved his team 26 times.
Away this season, the team played 22 matches, 10 of which were successful, though they lost 12 times in regular time.
Toronto Maple Leafs 24-16-6
Toronto again suffered three defeats in a row, although before that it was in great shape and consistently earned its points. Recall that at home, Leafs lost to Edmonton (4: 6) and Winnipeg (3:4 B), and went to an away match against Florida suffered a major defeat with a score of 4:8. Moreover, in a duel with the Panthers, the team was already losing 0-4 by the end of the first period.
Because of this, the Sheldon Kif team left the green zone and moved to the seventh line of the East, still having 54 points in the asset.
Betting Tips Statistic
- Toronto have won the last three out of four matches against New Jersey with handicap (-1.5).
- New Jersey lost 12 times on the road in regular time.
- The Leafs won three out of six games.
Betting Odds Trends
New Jersey Devils
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of New Jersey’s last 12 games.
- New Jersey are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games against Toronto.
- New Jersey are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games on the road.
- New Jersey are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games when playing on the road against Toronto.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of New Jersey’s last 6 games against an opponent in the East conference.
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of New Jersey’s last 15 games against an opponent in the Atlantic division.
Toronto Maple Leafs
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Toronto’s last 5 games.
- Toronto are 9-4 SU in their last 13 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Toronto’s last 11 games against New Jersey.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Toronto’s last 5 games at home.
- Toronto are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games when playing at home against New Jersey.
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Toronto’s last 9 games this season.
- Toronto are 6-2 SU in their last 8 games against an opponent in the East conference.
- New Jersey Devils: Kyle Palmieri, Ben Street, MacKenzie Blackwood
- Toronto Maple Leafs: Jake Muzzin, Morgan Rielly, Trevor Moore, Ilya Mikheyev
Devils vs Maple Leafs Predictions
In our opinion, “Toronto” is stronger than its rival and this season has already managed to beat “New Jersey” away. The “Devils”, of course, surprised many a lot with their recent victories, but still on the road they show poor results, so in this confrontation we will remain on the side of the hosts.
Our bet is the victory of Toronto
Bet on this game
- Money Line: Toronto Maple Leafs -255
- Puck Line: TOR Maple Leafs -1.5 Puck Line
- Over Under Pick: Over 6.5 Game Totals
- Computer Predicted Score: New Jersey Devils vs Toronto Maple Leafs 2 : 4