The Rangers in a duel on January 9 will meet with one of the outsiders of the Eastern Conference, New Jersey, and try to get Victoria. Will they be able to do this? Look for the answer in the prediction.
New Jersey Devils 15-20-7
New Jersey remains one of the main outsiders both in its conference and in the entire League. The team for 14 meetings held scored a total of 37 points and is ranked 14th. “Devils” recently issued a good series of three victories, but have already managed to lose two fights.
First, wards of Alain Nasreddin lost to Colorado with a score of 2:5, and then in overtime failed in a meeting with Islanders – 3:4. On the road, the team spent 20 games and lost 11 times in regular time.
New York Rangers 20-18-4
The Rangers at their site were able to interrupt a series of three defeats by a victory against Colorado with a score of 5:3. By the way, goalkeeper Igor Shesterkin made his debut in the NHL in that match, who, despite the excitement, repelled 29 shots on his goal. Recall that this Victoria brought the team to the 12th position of the Eastern Conference.
In general, at home “Cops” look pretty good and were able to prevail in 11 matches out of 21. On average, they spend about three or four goals to the opponent’s goal.
- The Rangers have won the last three home games against New Jersey in regular time.
- New Jersey lost two games in a row.
- “Cops” prevailed in the last meeting with a score of 5:3
New Jersey Devils
- Over is 6-1 in Devils last 7 when their opponent scores 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Over is 4-1 in Devils last 5 Thursday games.
- Devils are 4-1 in their last 5 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Over is 7-2 in Devils last 9 overall.
- Over is 7-2 in Devils last 9 games as an underdog.
New York Rangers
- Over is 4-0-1 in Rangers last 5 after scoring 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Over is 3-0-1 in Rangers last 4 games following a win.
- Over is 3-0-1 in Rangers last 4 vs Eastern Conference.
- Under is 4-0 in Rangers last 4 vs a team with a winning % below 400.
- Over is 5-0 in Rangers last 5 home games.
- New Jersey Devils: Jack Hughes
- New York Rangers: Brendan Lemieux, Libor Hajek, Ryan Lindgren
New Jersey Devils vs New York Rangers Prediction
The Rangers have a good line of attack, while the New Jersey defense suffers, and this is especially noticeable in away matches. Moreover, the “Cops” in the previous meeting did not at all leave a chance to their opponent and beat them with a dry score. If the owners do everything as they should, and will not make unnecessary mistakes, then the victory will remain with them.
- Moneyline picks: 50% Chance Of Winning
- Against the Spread Pick: New Jersey Devils 1.5 Point Spread +145
- Over Under Pick: Under 6.5 Game Totals
- Computer predictions New Jersey Devils vs New York Rangers: 3.0 : 3.0