On January 2 2020, 7:00 PM ET. Bell Center, White County, Indiana. The Tampa Bay Lightning and the Montreal Canadiens meet in an Atlantic division matchup in NHL action. Who will win this battle – read in our predictions.
Tampa Bay Lightning (21-13-4)
The Tampa Bay Lightning will hope to expand on their present four-game series of wins after a 6-4 win over Buffalo in their last excursion. Bison bounced ahead with the solitary goal of the opening time frame with simply under a moment to go in the first and multiplied the lead only 2:12 into the second time frame before Ondrej Palat at long last got Tampa Bay on the load up seven minutes into the center casing. Wild ox pushed ahead 4-1 with a third goal simply 1:12 later and a fourth 1:44 after that. Alex Killorn slice the shortage to two and Tyler Johnson made it 4-3 only 2:58 after that before Kevin Shattenkirk tied the game at four a little more than six minutes into the third. Killorn included his second goal of the game to finish the rebound, making it 5-4 Tampa Bay simply 1:48 later, and the Bolts would clutch that lead for good with Anthony Cirelli including a void netter with :03 to play, what tops off an already good thing Tampa Bay. Andrei Vasilevskiy got the success to improve to 17-9-2 on the year subsequent to halting 24 of 28 shots looked in the triumphant exertion.
Montreal Canadiens (18-16-6)
The Montreal Canadiens will be out to snap a three-game losing streak after a 3-1 misfortune to Carolina in their last excursion. Carolina opened the scoring only 1:55 into the game before Max Domi tied the game at one simply 1:53 later. The tie would hold going into the second where Carolina re-led the pack 7:34 into the edge and regardless of Montreal outshooting Carolina 24-22 over the last two time frames, the Habs couldn’t locate a game-tying objective as the Hurricanes did what needs to be done with an unfilled net goal late in the third. Charlie Lindgren assumed the misfortune, tumbling to 0-1-0 in the wake of permitting two goals on 35 shots looked in the losing exertion.
- Tampa Bay is 43-8 in their last 51 division games and 82-40 in their last 122 games generally speaking while the under is 6-2 in their last 8 street games.
- Montreal is 2-8 in their last 10 home games and 1-4 in their last 5 games generally speaking while the over is 5-2 in their last 7 games as a home dark horse.
- Tampa Bay is 7-1 in the last 8 gatherings between these two groups.
Tampa Bay Lightning
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Tampa Bay’s last 8 games.
- Tampa Bay are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games.
- Tampa Bay are 7-1 SU in their last 8 games against Montreal.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Tampa Bay’s last 8 games on the road.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Tampa Bay’s last 5 games when playing on the road against Montreal.
- Tampa Bay are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games this season.
- Tampa Bay are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games against an opponent in the East conference.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Montreal’s last 6 games.
- Montreal are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Montreal’s last 7 games against Tampa Bay.
- Montreal are 2-8 SU in their last 10 games at home.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Montreal’s last 5 games when playing at home against Tampa Bay.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Montreal’s last 5 games this season.
- Montreal are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games against an opponent in the East conference.
- Tampa Bay Lightning: Braydon Coburn.
- Montreal Canadiens: Paul Byron, Brendan Gallagher, Jonathan Drouin, Joel Armia.
Montreal Canadiens vs. Tampa Bay Lightning Predictions
Indeed, even out and about, these costs are more sensible with the Lightning given how the Bolts have played out this season. All things considered, I truly like the Lightning in this spot, as the Lightning have won 12 straight against groups inside the division and they’re only the group in better structure winning four straight while Montreal’s lost three out of a line coming into this one. Tampa Bay’s likewise won 7 of the last 8 against Montreal, so I’ll lay the juice with Tampa Bay in this one.
- Moneyline picks: Tampa Bay Will Win -150
- Against the Spread Pick: Montreal Canadiens +6.5 Point Spread +130
- Over Under Pick: Over 6.5 Game Totals