January 02, 2020, 3:00 PM ET. Anfield in the final match of the 21st round of the English Premier League Liverpool will hosts Sheffield United – we assessed the teams’ chances of success and made a prediction.
The Merseyside Club continues to move confidently through the tournament distance. For a short winter break, which will begin after this match, Liverpool are on the first step in the standings with a margin of 13 points from Leicester and one game in reserve.
In the match of the last round, “Jurgen Klopp’s wards defeated Wolverhampton, although it should be noted that the judge did not score the goal of the“ wolves ”. For Merseysiders, this is the tenth consecutive victory in their native arena in the current championship. And in general, in the championship, Liverpool lost points only in the match against Manchester United (1: 1).
Note a good leader game in defense. In nine home matches, the team conceded just nine goals, scoring an average of 2.7 per match in their home arena.
Sheffield United 7-8-5
Last round could not continue their win-win guest series in the championship. Chris Wilder’s team played against Manchester City and could not resist the onslaught of the current champion – 0: 2. In previous guest matches, Sheffield United tied six times, beating Everton (2: 0), Norwich (2: 1) and Brighton (1: 0).
The defeat did not reflect much on the tournament position of the “blades”. The Red-Blacks are now in eighth place, six points behind the top four.
Sheffield United does not show effective football. In ten away matches, they scored only 11 goals, having conceded nine times.
- Liverpool have won all ten matches in the current league in their home arena.
- In eight out of ten Liverpool bouts in the current championship, they predicted “both will score.”
- In nine out of ten home matches, the Merseysides scored more than one goal.
- Sheffield United lost away only one in ten matches in the championship.
- In eight out of ten guest matches of the “blades”, the forecast was “total less than 2.5”.
- In the first round, Liverpool beat Sheffield United 1-0.
Liverpool FC vs Sheffield United Predictions
Sheffield United performs well in the championship and claims to be in European competitions. The team is unobtrusively playing away, but the match with Manchester City showed that it still lacks a class to face off against serious rivals. Our prediction is Liverpool victory.
- MoneyLine Pick: Liverpool Will Win
- Computer Predicted Score LIV FC vs SHU: 3.8 : 0