India vs Australia – Who will win in this match?
Match Info: India vs Australia, 2nd ODI
Date – 17th January 2020
Time – 01:30 PM IST, 08:00 AM GMT
Venue – Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Rajkot
India was defeated by Australia in the first ODI so that it is familiar to India anywhere in the world, forget about the conditions of home games. Bowlers of India could not take a single Australian wicket. The batting of India was a fiasco before the Australian attack. It was a horrendous start for team India as Australia blew them away in the first game in Mumbai.
Australia arrived in India with three victories in their pocket in the previous three matches against India and has now expanded this record to four. If she wins this match, she will win the ODI series and continue to dominate India in the ODI format.
We often saw that India starts slowly and then returns to normal. Confronting Australia is an extremely difficult challenge that India will face in the home season. Rishabh Pant was expelled from the second ODI after being hit in the head while Australia has no injuries.
- In the previous match, India performed poorly with hitman of India Rohit Sharma scoring 10 runs in 15 balls with 2 boundaries.
- It was a one-man show by Shikhar Dhawan who scored 74 runs in 91 balls with 9 boundaries and 1 six.
- KL Rahul also scored 47 runs in 61 balls with 4 boundaries.
- The middle-order batsmen, Rishabh Pant and Ravindra Jadeja scored 28 and 25 runs, respectively.
- Coming to the bowling, no bowler was able to take a wicket in the last match.
Nothing went right for India in the first ODI and that hammering at the hands of a full-strength Australian side was the wakeup call they needed. We think India made some mistakes in strategy and execution which made it difficult for it to win right from the start. Losing the toss at the Wankhede was also pretty tough.
Possible starting lineup
Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant, Ravindra Jadeja, Shardul Thakur/Navdeep Saini, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Jasprit Bumrah
- The performance of Australia was outstanding in the previous match against India.
- The opener David Warner scored 128 runs in 112 balls with 17 boundaries and 3 sixes.
- Aaron Finch, who opened with Warner, scored 110 runs in 114 balls with 13 boundaries and 2 sixes.
- In the bowling unit, Mitchell Starc clinched 3 wickets while Kane Richardson and Pat Cummins picked up 2 each.
- Adam Zampa and Ashton Agar took a wicket each by leaking 40+ runs.
Australia put in a clinical performance in the first ODI and outplayed India in every single department of the game. The bowling was right on the spot with effective plans against every Indian batsman while the batting was completely dominant.
There is no need for Australia to change anything and we can be almost certain that the same playing eleven play if there are no injury concerns. Mitchell Starc was brilliant against the lower-order while Pat Cummins always threatened the batsmen.
Possible starting lineup
Aaron Finch, David Warner, Marnus Labuschagne, Steve Smith, Alex Carey, Ashton Turner, Ashton Agar, Pat Cummins , Mitchell Starc, Kane Richardson, Adam Zampa
India vs Australia Match Prediction
It is not rare to see India fall back in a series at home and has happened quite regularly in recent matches. Unfortunately, India has to go back to depending on Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli to bail it out. We believe the competitive nature of these two batsmen, the best in ODI cricket, will be enough to overcome some glaring weaknesses in the Indian side.
India should be able to bounce back stronger with an improved performance in all aspects of the game.
Our match prediction – India Will Win.