In the 22nd round of the Premier League on January 11, Brighton will be visiting Everton. Will “toffee” win the match? – our prediction. January 11, 2020, Goodison Park
After the euphoria following the appointment of Carlo Ancelotti, the toffee fans plunged into cruel reality. Despite all the statements of the Italian and the main team, “Everton” in the FA Cup still lost the double “Liverpool” (0: 1), and continued the unbeaten run in matches “red”. The unbeaten series of “butterscotch” in the championship was also interrupted, but, however, not in such a disastrous way. “Everton” lost in a fight away “Manchester City” (1: 2). Prior to this, the “Toffee” did not lose five fights in the Premier League, defeating Chelsea (3: 1), Newcastle (2: 1) and Burnley (1: 0), and also tied with Arsenal (0 : 0) and Manchester United (1: 1). At home, Everton lost only one of the six previous bouts in the Premier League. “Toffee” unexpectedly lost to “Norwich” (0: 2). However, Chelsea won (3: 1), Burnley (1: 0) and West Ham (2: 0), and tied with Tottenham Hotspur (1: 1) and Arsenal (0: 0) ) Injured by Everton Alex Ivobi, Andre Gomes and Jean-Philippe Gbamen.
Brighton & Hove Albion
The Brighton also flew out of the FA Cup. “Seagulls” lost to the house of “Sheffield Wensday” (0: 1). Although before that in five games of the Premier League Graham Potter wards defeated Bournemouth (2: 0), tied with Crystal Palace (1: 1) and Chelsea (1: 1), and lost to Tottenham Hotspur ( 1: 2) and Sheffield United (0: 1). Such results allow Brighton to stay afloat, but the general decline in the last two months still affects. The Seagulls are now in 14th place and are only four points ahead of the relegation zone. Away Brighton plays poorly. Even with Graham Potter, the Seagulls won only two out of ten away matches in this Premier League. True, Arsenal managed to beat Brighton (2: 1). In five previous guest matches Potter’s wards defeated just the “Gunners”, tied with Crystal Palace (1: 1), and lost to Manchester United (1: 3), Liverpool (1: 2) and Tottenham Hotspur (1 : 2). The main defender Dan Byrne joined Jose Isquierdo in the infirmary near Brighton. The participation of Glenn Murray and Solly March is in doubt.
Betting Tips Statistic
- Everton lost only one of six previous matches in the Premier League.
- In seven of the last ten matches, “butterscotch” in the Premier League played a forecast “both will score.”
- Brighton won two of ten past meetings in the championship.
- In all six previous guest matches of the “gulls” in the Premier League the bet “both will score” was played.
- Brighton have won only three of their last 21 away matches in the Premier League.
- After the debut of Brighton in the Premier League, Everton did not achieve an advantage in personal meetings over the Seagulls.
- In five in-person matches, the teams won twice with one draw.
- Last season, Everton won 3-1 at home, but lost 0-1 on a visit.
- In the current championship, Brighton won 3-2 at home.
Everton FC vs Brighton & Hove Albion Head to Head (H2H)
Everton FC vs Brighton & Hove Albion Predictions
Without a doubt, two defeats in a row should affect the confidence of Everton players. Especially such an offensive fiasco, which the “butterscotch” suffered in a derby with the “Liverpool”. However, Carlo Ancelotti probably knows how to work in such a situation. In addition, Everton’s rivals will have a modest Brighton, who plays poorly at a party.
- MoneyLine Pick: Everton FC Will Win.
- Over Under Pick: The Total Will Go Over 2.5.
- Computer Predicted Score: Everton 2-1 Brighton