On Saturday, May 16, in the second fight of the UFC Fight Night main card, American fighter Eric Anders will meet with Pole Krzysztof Jotko. We think that we will have a spectacular duel with a lot of punches and counterattacks. Earlier the fight of these two potential contenders for the UFC middleweight championship was supposed to take place on April 11, but was postponed due to a pandemic. Bookmakers consider the upcoming match a battle of equal rivals. Is it so? Let’s analyze details and make our own prediction.
- Event: UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs Harris
- Date: Saturday May 16 at 06:00 PM ET
- Venue: VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena
- Enclosure: Octagon
- Location: Jacksonville, Florida, United States
- Bout Billing: Main Card (fight 8 of 11)
- Weight: 185 lbs (83.9 kg)
Eryk Anders (13-4 MMA, 5-4 UFC)
Despite the age of 33, Eryk not yet been exhausted by heavy fighting, because he debuted in MMA quite late. Eryk “Ya Boi” Anders has been participating in mixed martial arts since 2012 and has a brown belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Anders’ successes in MMA are insignificant, but they are. In 2017, Eric became the champion of the LFA organization, thanks to which he got into the UFC. Currently, he has not received the UFC middleweight title. In recent years, Eric’s main style has been kickboxing. Anders prefers fighting in a stance in an aggressive manner to destroy his opponent with a flurry of punches.
After three defeats in a row, Eric Anders scored two victories in a row. Last summer, Anders knocked out Vinicius Moreira in the first round. Last October defeating Gerald Meerschaert by referee decision.
Krzysztof Jotko (21-4 MMA, 8-4 UFC)
Krzysztof Jotko is a Polish middleweight fighter currently signed to the UFC. He began his professional career in 2010 with a pair of unanimous decision victories.
Krzysztof Jotko trains with the Phuket Top Team as well as the American Top Team gym when stateside. He has a brown belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu, but is considered a kick fighter. For the average weight, the Pole lacks physical strength. Krzysztof Jotko perfectly combines percussion technique with a clinch and dirty boxing. Basically brings their fights to the decision of the judges.
Last April, Jotko defeated Alen Amedovski via unanimous decision. He followed that up last summer by defeating Marc-Andre Barriault at UFC 240 by split-decision.
Both opponents rarely transfer the fight to the ground, as the statistics tell us, they inflict about 3 punches per minute, but Krzysztof misses 4 times less, and at this level this is a really great indicator.
- Both fighters have win streak of two, but the Anders rivals were much more difficult. Both fighters be looking to win their third fight in a row.
- Records: Eryk Anders (13-4 MMA, 5-4 UFC), Krzysztof Jotko (21-4 MMA, 8-4 UFC)
- Past five: Anders 2-3, Jotko 2-3
- A favorite among bookmakers is the Pole anyway with odds about 1.60 give for his victory. For the American – about 2.30.
- Talking about combat skills: it is difficult to give preference to any of them. Both fighters act in a rack carefully, and the stalls do not like.
- We are almost sure that the fight will be held until the end and will not end ahead of schedule.
Krzysztof will have to exhaust his opponent, this is his standard plan, and Eryk will heal and try to deliver strong blows.
Tale of the tape
|Eryk Anders||Krzysztof Jotko|
|185 lbs||Weight||185 lbs|
|75 inches||Reach||77 inches|
|13-4 (8 KOs)||Record||21-4 (6 KOs)|
Moneyline previous odds
Eryk Anders: +120
Krzysztof Jotko: -150
Anders vs Jotko Prediction and Pick
Although the fighters have the same official weight, Anders is a much larger fighter and usually weighs about 220 pounds. Therefore, Anders is capable of delivering crushing blows which Jotko may not be able to withstand, given him by knockouts from Brad Tavares and Uriah Hall. If Yotko withstands, he will significantly increase his chances of winning. He may well succeed: Jotko is fairly active on his feet, constantly dancing around to create distance. We think Anders will try to end the fight as early as possible.
Prediction: Anders win by KO/TKO