Montreal will do its best on January 9 to interrupt a terrible series of seven defeats in a duel with Edmonton, and our experts will make a prediction for this meeting.
Edmonton Oilers 23-17-5
“Edmonton”, on the contrary, began to gain momentum and, contrary to many predictions, achieved success over “Toronto” at a party with a score of 6:4. Earlier, the Oilmen beat the Rangers (7:5) and Boston (4:1), losing only Buffalo (2:3) in overtime. Since there is very strong competition in the West, the team has again entered the playoff zone and is now on the sixth line.
However, it should be noted that on the away this season the team won three matches in a row only twice, and these series took place in the first half of the regular season.
Montreal Canadiens 18-19-7
Montreal lost seven games in a row, but it cannot be said that he had no chance of winning. For example, in the last four meetings, Canadians lost with a difference of only one puck. So, they lost to Tampa (1:2), Pittsburgh (2:3 OT), Winnipeg (2:3) and Detroit (3:4).
In the case of the “Red Wings”, the “Tricolor” did 2-0 at all, but lost their advantage and again missed two points. Thus, the team of Claude Julien dropped to the 13th line of the Eastern Conference.
- Edmonton has won the last three out of four matches against Montreal.
- Canadians lost in seven meetings in a row.
- “Oilmen” prevailed in the previous two fights.
- Oilers are 0-5 in their last 5 after scoring 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Oilers are 1-6 in their last 7 games following a win.
- Oilers are 1-6 in their last 7 vs. a team with a losing record.
- Under is 4-1-1 in Oilers last 6 games as a road underdog.
- Over is 4-1-1 in Oilers last 6 Thursday games.
- Under is 4-0 in Canadiens last 4 games as a home favorit.
- Under is 4-0 in Canadiens last 4 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Under is 4-0 in Canadiens last 4 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Under is 6-0 in Canadiens last 6 home games.
- Canadiens are 0-7 in their last 7 overall.
- Edmonton Oilers: Matt Benning
- Montreal Canadiens: Paul Byron, Brendan Gallagher, Jonathan Drouin, Joel Armia
Edmonton Oilers vs Montreal Canadiens Prediction
In our opinion, Edmonton is now in the form in which it is capable of inflicting another defeat in Montreal. Moreover, for Canadians “Oil workers” have always been an uncomfortable rival and in face-to-face meetings, a huge advantage is on the side of the guests.
- Moneyline picks: Edmonton Will Win
- Against the Spread Pick: Montreal Canadiens 1.5 Point Spread -130
- Over Under Pick: Under 6 Game Totals
- Computer predictions Edmonton Oilers vs Montreal Canadiens: 3.3 : 2.5