“Islanders” in the framework of the regular championship of the NHL will fight with “Detroit” on January 15, and we will make a prediction for this event. The Islanders have a series of two defeats, but can they interrupt it in a duel with an outsider?
Detroit Red Wings 12-31-3
Detroit is the unconditional outsider of the entire championship and has fewer points than all other teams. Krasnye Krylia still did not cross the 30-point mark, while the rest of the clubs were approaching 40 points. But recently, the team has shown itself quite well.
So, wards of Jeff Blashill defeated Victoria over Montreal (4: 3), Ottawa (3: 2 B), but suffered a crushing defeat from Buffalo – 1: 5.
New York Islanders 27-13-4
The Islanders are one of the leaders of the Eastern Conference and are still in the fourth position of the Eastern Conference, but have been showing unsatisfactory results recently. Of course, the team defeated Colorado (1: 0) and New Jersey (4: 3 OT), but then they lost to Boston (2: 3 OT) and were defeated by the Rangers – 2: 6.
The Trotz team has a good defense throughout the season, but if it makes any mistakes, it is rare for the “Islanders” to correct them.
Betting Tips Statistic
- The Islanders won the last match against Detroit 4-1.
- “Detroit” lost in the previous match with a score of 1: 5.
- “Islanders” prevailed in two of the four fights.
Betting Odds Trends
Detroit Red Wings
- Under is 6-1 in Red Wings last 7 games as a road underdog.
- Under is 6-1 in Red Wings last 7 road games.
- Red Wings are 5-21 in their last 26 games following a home loss of 3 or more goals.
- Over is 4-1 in Red Wings last 5 following a loss of 3 or more goals.
- Over is 4-1 in Red Wings last 5 vs Metropolitan.
New York Islanders
- Under is 4-0 in Islanders last 4 after allowing 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Under is 6-0 in Islanders last 6 following a loss of 3 or more goals.
- Over is 4-0 in Islanders last 4 when their opponent allows 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Over is 5-0 in Islanders last 5 Tuesday games.
- Under is 3-0-1 in Islanders last 4 home games.
- Detroit Red Wings: Jonathan Bernier, Anthony Mantha
- New York Islanders: Cal Clutterbuck, Adam Pelech
Detroit Red Wings vs New York Islanders Prediction
In our opinion, the Islanders should not have much difficulty meeting with one of the outsiders of the League. Even being in poor shape, the “Islanders” are likely to play in a disciplined defense and will not allow their opponents to distinguish themselves more than two times, as a result of which they will win.
You can Bet:
- MoneyLine Pick: New York Islanders -250.
- Against the Spread Pick: Detroit Red Wings +210.
- Over Under Pick: The Total Will Go Under 5.5.
- Computer Predicted Score: New York Islanders win 6-1.