January 02, 2020, 10:30 PM ET Staples Center The Clippers will take Detroit. Will the “Clippers” stop the Pistons? – read in our prediction.
Detroit Pistons 12-22 (12-20-2 ATS)
Detroit continues to be one of the league’s worst away teams. This season, Casey’s wards won only four meetings outside their home walls. Worse than them in the East are only Cleveland and Atlanta.
The meeting against the Clippers will be the third for the Pistons on an outbound tour of the Western Conference. In the previous two fights, the pistons lost to San Antonio (136-109) and Utah (81-104). It is possible that in this match, “Detroit” again will not please performance.
LA Clippers 24-11 (20-15 ATS)
“Clippers” continue to demonstrate an unstable game. In two weeks they managed to lose to Houston (117-122), Oklahoma (112-118) and Utah (107-120). But between these defeats, Doc Rivers wards beat San Antonio (134-109), Lakers (111-106) and Sacramento (105-87). Despite these results, the “Clippers” continue to occupy the third line of the Western Conference.
- Detroit have won 3 of their last 5 face-to-face meetings.
- Clippers have not won the Pistons home since 2016.
- On average, Detroit scores 104 points per game away.
- On average, Clippers miss 105 points per match at home.
- Detroit are 1-7 ATS in their last 8 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Detroit’s last 5 games.
- Detroit are 1-7 SU in their last 8 games.
- Detroit are 3-13 SU in their last 16 games against LA Clippers.
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Detroit’s last 10 games on the road.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Detroit’s last 6 games when playing on the road against LA Clippers.
- Detroit are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games this season.
- Detroit are 3-6 ATS in their last 9 games against an opponent in the Western conference.
- Detroit are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games played in January.
- LA Clippers are 10-5 ATS in their last 15 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of LA Clippers’ last 9 games.
- LA Clippers are 14-6 SU in their last 20 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of LA Clippers’ last 6 games against Detroit.
- LA Clippers are 10-2 SU in their last 12 games at home.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of LA Clippers’ last 6 games when playing at home against Detroit.
- LA Clippers are 16-4 SU in their last 20 games against an opponent in the Eastern conference.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of LA Clippers’ last 9 games against an opponent in the Central division.
- LA Clippers are 4-8 ATS in their last 12 games played in January.
- DET: Blake Griffin, Markieff Morris, Reggie Jackson, Luke Kennard
- LAC: Lou Williams, Patrick Beverley
Detroit Pistons vs Los Angeles Clippers Predictions
Recently, Detroit is not pleased with the performance. In 5 of the 7 previous matches, the Pistons did not score more than 107 points. Considering that the guests will probably play in this meeting without Griffin, it will not be easy for them to break this mark again.
Most likely, Casey’s wards will not be pleased with the result, so the Clippers will not be difficult to win this confrontation.
- MoneyLine Pick: LAC Will Win
- Against the Spread Pick: LA Clippers -11.5 Point Spread
- Over Under Pick: Over 223.5 Game Totals
- DET vs LAC computer predicted score: 100.3:122.0