Cleveland Cavaliers vs Detroit Pistons, Thursday, January 9, 2020, Little Caesars Arena in Detroit, MI. Game preview.
Two days ago, Detroit beat Cleveland away. January 10, “Pistons” will hold the second match in this team, but this time at home. Can Casey’s wards beat Kavs again? – read in our prediction.
Detroit Pistons 14-24 (14-22-2 ATS)
In the previous match with Cleveland, Detroit had every chance of losing it. The Cavaliers led almost the entire meeting in the long run. But the fourth quarter was a turning point. Casey’s wards won with a score of 31-18. As a result, the Pistons celebrated the victory with a score of 115-113.
Pistons are playing an order of magnitude better this season. For example, they won 8 out of 18 matches, and in the last meeting they defeated Washington (132-102).
The match against Cleveland Detroit will again play without Griffin, Jackson, Kennard and Morris. All these players are injured.
Cleveland Cavaliers 10-27 (15-20-2 ATS)
The Cleveland series of losses is five games in a row. Four of them, “Cavs” lost in their native walls. Recent problems within the team did not benefit Baylen’s wards. But, it seems, everything is already behind. The leadership of the team managed to find a common language with Kevin Love. Forward Cavaliers again in the ranks and in the last match was marked by the fact that scored 30 points.
It is worth noting that Cleveland lost 8 of their last 10 away matches, beating only Minnesota and San Antonio.
Betting Tips Statistic
- Detroit has won three recent personal meetings.
- In Detroit, Cleveland has not won since 2017.
- In 3 of the last 4 face-to-face meetings, the Kavs did not lose with a difference of eight or more points.
Betting tips trends
- Detroit are 3-9 ATS in their last 12 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Detroit’s last 9 games.
- Detroit are 3-9 SU in their last 12 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Detroit’s last 5 games against Cleveland.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Detroit’s last 6 games at home.
- Detroit are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games when playing at home against Cleveland.
- Detroit are 3-7 ATS in their last 10 games this season.
- Detroit are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games against an opponent in the Eastern conference.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Detroit’s last 5 games against an opponent in the Central division.
- Cleveland are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Cleveland’s last 5 games.
- Cleveland are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games.
- Cleveland are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games against Detroit.
- Cleveland are 2-10 SU in their last 12 games on the road.
- Cleveland are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games when playing on the road against Detroit.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Cleveland’s last 8 games this season.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Cleveland’s last 5 games against an opponent in the Eastern conference.
- Cleveland are 6-13-1 ATS in their last 20 games played in January.
- Detroit Pistons: Blake Griffin, Markieff Morris, Reggie Jackson, Luke Kennard
- Cleveland Cavaliers: Dante Exum, Larry Nance Jr., Kevin Porter Jr.
Cavaliers vs Pistons Predictions
Cleveland disgustingly plays in defense. On average, 112 points are missed for a match at home. In this case, Detroit must show an effective game. Opening such a defense would not be difficult even without Jackson and Griffin.
As for the winner, we will probably give preference to Pistons. They regularly beat Cleveland, and the last scandal should play into their hands.
- MoneyLine Pick: DET Pistons Will Win
- Against the Spread Pick: CLE Cavaliers +7 Point Spread
- Over Under Pick: Over 220 Game Totals
- Computer Predicted Score Pistons vs Cavaliers: