Denver Nuggets at Dallas Mavericks Wednesday January 8, 2020, 7:30 PM (EST) American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX
The Denver Nuggets hit the road for a battle with the Dallas Mavericks. Who will win tonight’s Nuggets or Mavericks NBA game against the spread? – read below in our prediction.
Denver Nuggets 25-11 (15-18-3 ATS)
The second team of the West shows a game similar to a roller coaster, because victories alternate with defeats, but so far the rivals are not particularly worried. In the offseason, Michael Malone stood his ground to the end and kept almost all the leaders in the team, so it is not surprising to see his wards among the top clubs of the league.
Recall that in the previous meeting, Denver put in place Atlanta, as it defeated the opponent with a score of 123-115. The fight turned out to be rich in spectacular moments, which only cost 47 points of Nikola Jokić, who simply crushed the defense of the Hawks. After such a confident victory, the Nuggets will clearly want to develop their success.
Dallas Mavericks 23-13 (19-16-1 ATS)
Mavericks skidded so that the team was on the sixth line of the Western Conference. Only someone from the Doncic-Porzingis stellar bunch gets injured, as Ricky Carlyle’s team immediately starts to slow down and loses concentration.
Dallas defeated in a previous meeting of Chicago, while the team looked very confident (118-110). The Mavericks are striving to return to the top 5 again and victory in the next match can help them in this, though much also depends on the game of Utah’s direct competitor. In a word, the team aims to give battle to Denver.
Betting Tips Statistic
- The Nuggets are 10-7 at home, while the Mavericks are 11-8 at home.
- The Mavericks have a potent offense that is averaging nearly 117 per game.
- However, the Nuggets are solid defensively, holding opponents to 105 per game.
- The Nuggets also have the best 3-point defense.
- The Mavericks defense is in the middle of the pact, while the Nuggets are 19th in scoring offense.
- Denver has won 7 of the last 10 matchups against Dallas. B
- oth teams have split their last 4 games overall.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Denver’s last 6 games.
- Denver are 11-3 SU in their last 14 games.
- Denver are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games against Dallas.
- Denver are 8-3 SU in their last 11 games against Dallas.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Denver’s last 5 games on the road.
- Denver are 2-7 SU in their last 9 games when playing on the road against Dallas.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Denver’s last 5 games this season.
- Denver are 0-4-1 ATS in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Western conference.
- Denver are 2-6-1 ATS in their last 9 games against an opponent in the Southwest division.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Dallas’ last 6 games.
- Dallas are 1-5-1 ATS in their last 7 games at home.
- Dallas are 7-2 SU in their last 9 games when playing at home against Denver.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Dallas’ last 6 games against an opponent in the Western conference.
- Dallas are 3-7 SU in their last 10 games against an opponent in the Northwest division.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Dallas’ last 6 games played in January.
- Denver Nuggets: Will Barton
- Dallas Mavericks: Kristaps Porzingis
Denver Nuggets vs Dallas Mavericks Predictions
We assume that the Dallas will not give up, especially in the home arena. Ricky Carlisle’s club is more motivated than ever, because a victory over one of the leaders of the West will clearly add confidence, plus you need to return to the fight. In a word, we expect that the Mavericks will do everything possible just to score points.
This should be a great game, but I’ll side with Dallas since they are at home.
- MoneyLine Pick: Dallas Will Win
- Against the Spread Pick: DAL Mavericks -3 Point Spread
- Over Under Pick: Over 217.5 Game Totals
- Computer Predicted Score Denver Nuggets vs Dallas Mavericks: 112:117