Saturday, February 29, 2020 at 1:00 PM ET. Audi Field (100 Potomac Ave SW, Washington, DC 20024, US). DC United and Colorado Rapids open up the 2020 MLS season. We provided betting analysis, picks and tips for this matchup. Read our prediction for match between these teams from different Conferences.
DC United finished the 2019 season in 10th place overall, losing out in the playoffs to Toronto. DC United is favored at home, having won the last three head-to-head meetings dating back to the 2017 campaign. United outscored the Rapids 6-3 over those three games. The team of Ben Olsen scored 42 times last season, the third lowest total result in the Eastern Conference and they will need to find the goals to improve their position once more in 2020.
Colorado Rapids ended the season 16th place, missing out on the playoffs by six points. Goals were certainly easy to find for Colorado Rapids last season and they ended the year as the second highest scorers in the Western Conference.
DC United vs Colorado Rapids Predictions
Which side comes out on top in the opening game of the MLS season? We expect team from Washington to win and a match with a total number of goals of at least 3. But, expected weather will be 40 degrees in D.C. Saturday afternoon, and it would be a risk factor for Total Over.
- Prediction: D.C. United Will Win and the Total will Push
- DC United vs Colorado Rapids Score Prediction: 2-1
- Best Pick: Total Over 2.5
New to sports betting?
Betting Tips Stats
- Colorado Rapids: Nicolas Benezet (nose) questionable
- DC United: Paul Arriola (knee) out
- Last 6 meetings: DC United won 4 matches and and 2 matches ended in a draw.
- Opponents met just once in the previous season in Denver. DC United won the match 3-2 and scored all three goals in the first half.
- 5 out of the last 6 head to head matches ended with Total Over 2.5 goals.
- Last season the DC United scored an average of 1,47 goals at home.
- Previous season’s statistics show the Colorado scoring 1,29 goals per away match.
Previous 6 H2H Matches
|Tournament / Round||Date||Match|
|Major League Soccer||14/04/19||Colorado 2:3 Washington|
|Major League Soccer||29/07/18||Washington 2:1 Colorado|
|Major League Soccer||20/08/17||Colorado 0:1 Washington|
|Major League Soccer||20/03/16||Washington 1:1 Colorado|
|Major League Soccer||13/09/15||Colorado 1:1 Washington|
|Major League Soccer||18/08/14||Washington 4:2 Colorado|