The legendary Monster Energy Series Daytona 500 race in 2020 will be held for the 62nd time. Pilots have to go 200 laps on a super speedway 2.5 miles long. About 300,000 spectators and a multimillion-dollar television audience will follow the events on the highway. Winning the Daytona 500 is valued as an individual trophy, the winner receives a unique Harley J. Earl trophy cup, and points earned are credited to the piggy bank of the entire championship. Winning the 500 Miles Daytona is as prestigious as winning the Indy 500, Monte Carlo Grand Prix or LeMan 24-hour.
US President Donald Trump will visit the Daytona 500 race, which will open the regular NASCAR Cup Series season next Sunday, USA Today reports. According to the publication, on Wednesday, February 12, the US Secret Service announced a zone within a radius of 50 kilometers around the track closed to drones, and special precautions were taken at the airport in the city. “We are preparing for a possible visit by the president, first lady and governor, but this visit can only be confirmed at the White House,” USAT quoted Sheriff Mike Chitwood, USA Today.
At what time Daytona 500 start?
Sunday, February 16 2020, 2:30 PM ET
Where will be held Daytona 500?
Daytona International Speedway, Daytona Beach, Florida, USA
Who is defending champion?
Denny Hamlin is the defending champion, winning the season opener last year for the second time in his career.
Where to watch Daytona 500 miles 2020?
Track: Daytona International Speedway Daytona, Florida
Type: 2.5-mile paved high-banked superspeedway
Race Distance: 200 laps / 500 miles
Defending winner: Denny Hamlin
Schedule for events leading up to the Daytona 500:
Saturday, February 8, 1:35-2:25 PM ET
Saturday, February 8, 3:00-3:50 PM ET
Friday, February 14, 5:05-5:55 PM ET
Saturday, February 15, 12:30-1:20 PM ET
Sunday, February 9
12:30 PM ET (Single car runs, one timed lap. Sets front row only)
Thursday, February 15
7:00 PM ET 1st qualifying race (60 laps, 150 miles)
8:45 PM ET 2nd qualifying race (60 laps, 150 miles)
Main Bet Types in NASCAR
There are several main types of bets on NASCAR, which can be seen at most bookmakers:
- Outright Win. It can be a win of a race, series (for example, Sprint Cup Series, Xfinity, Camping World Truck) or the entire season by a certain athlete. This rate is difficult to predict, since the cars have almost identical technical equipment, and other factors come to the fore. BC puts in a list of several riders with the highest chances to win the stage. As in many North American championships, there is a regular championship (26 races) and a playoff. It is extremely difficult to make a constant profit at a distance, placing only along this line.
- Driver Matchups. From a pair of athletes you need to choose the one who will finish higher according to the results of the race. Predictions for Formula 1 do not require grandiose results from pilots, and most importantly – to get ahead of an opponent in a full-time duel.
- Position in the race. Bookmakers offer to predict the approximate position for the driver – more or less than a certain place in the race.
- The Fastest Lap. Bookmakers accept bets on the rider who will show the best time in one lap.
- Qualification results.
- Victory car manufacturer on the basis of arrival.
Early Odds to Win Daytona 500 miles 2020
|Martin Truex Jr.||+2500|
|Ricky Stenhouse Jr.||+2800|
|Darrell Wallace Jr.||+6600|
|John Hunter Nemechek||+10000|
Daytona 500 Lineup
|1||Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.||47||Chevrolet||46.253||194.582|
|21||Martin Truex, Jr.||19||Toyota||46.994||191.514|
|25||John Hunter Nemechek||38||Ford||47.076||191.180|
Despite laying down the fastest lap in qualifying on Sunday, Ricky Stenhouse Jr.’s odds remain steady at +2800. Is this an opportunity to cash in on the man leading the charge for the opening green flag? I wouldn’t be chomping at the bit to get a ticket on Stenhouse – there has been just one driver to win at Daytona from the pole over the last 18 runnings and that was Dale Earnhardt Jr. in 2015. Additionally, there hasn’t been a Daytona 500 winner who started on the pole since Dale Jarrett in 2000.
6 Winning Betting Tips on NASCAR’s biggest race
- Don’t Overvalue Daytona 500 Practice and Qualifying
- Analyze the Bluegreen Vacations Duel Races
- Buyback Line Moves for Good Cars
- Target Unproven Drivers in Good Equipment
- Prop Bets Have Added Value
- Shop for the Best Odds
Daytona 500 Predictions for 2020
The holder of the pole position rarely wins the entire race, in Daytona, at the same time as the lap speed, you need to choose the right strategy for a long race, respond in time to the appearance of the safety car, and choose the right trajectory in accordance with the prompts from the bridge. The whole race in NASCAR consists of three segments, there will be no special incidents in the first segment, the riders are still concentrated, the cars are in excellent condition. But there will be little struggle, because the pilots will not take risks again. The main number of accidents will occur at the end of the third segment, when the victory is close, and the pilots for three hours of the race decently decay. There is a high probability that the race will end under the yellow flags and will be “overtime”, although I want to see the fight on the track, and not the pursuit of a safety car. In the top ten, we will see brothers Bush, Kevin Harvik, Joey Logano, Chase Elliott, Denny Hemlin and Bred Keselowski.
Considering the statistics and driver’s behavior, the human may not be able to predict the result entirely. That’s why NASCAR has a prediction computer model simulator, which simulates all the races more than 10,000 times and considers all the available factors on the track. For 2020, the computer model predicts Clint Bowyer as a top contender. Joey Logano. Among is also targeting. Kevin Harvick, Chase Elliott, Denny Hamlin, and Brad Keselowski may finish in the top 10 positions.