As part of the NHL regular season on January 8, Los Angeles will try to stop Dallas, who scored a series of four victories, and we, in turn, will give a forecast for this event.
Dallas Stars 24-14-4
“Dallas” did not look very confident recently, but now was able to develop a series of victories to four matches and is in great shape. On their hockey, the team managed to deal with the “Colorado” with a score of 3:2 for the shootings, and then, having gone on the away run, the “Stars” prevailed over the “Arizona” (4:2), and again they won at home Nashville ”(4:2) and“ Detroit ”(4:1).
Recall that the “Stars” are in the “green” zone and occupy the fifth position of the West.
Los Angeles Kings 17-23-4
Los Angeles is one of the main outsiders both in its conference and in the entire League as a whole. “Kings” now occupy the last line of the Western Conference and for 44 matches were able to score only 38 points.
Having gained the upper hand in a difficult match with Philadelphia (5:3), the team again lost in two meetings in a row. First, “Kings” conceded four goals from “Nashville” and lost 1:4, and then lost almost the same score to “Columbus”, only scored two goals – 2:4.
- Dallas has won their last five away matches against the Kings.
- The Kings have two defeats in a row.
- “Stars” scored a series of four victories.
- “Los Angeles” in two previous matches did not score more than two times.
- Over is 4-0-2 in Stars last 6 road games
- 4-0 in their last 4 overall
- 4-0 in their last 4 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game
- 0-6 in their last 6 games as a road favorite
- 8-1 in their last 9 Wednesday games
Los Angeles Kings
- Under is 5-0 in Kings last 5 vs Western Conference
- Under is 4-0 in Kings last 4 vs Central
- Under is 6-1 in Kings last 7 games as an underdog
- 1-5 in their last 6 Wednesday games
- Under is 4-1 in Kings last 5 games as a home underdog
- Dallas Stars: Corey Perry, John Klingberg
- Los Angeles Kings: Kurtis MacDermid
Dallas Stars vs Los Angeles Kings Prediction
We think that Dallas is able to extend its winning streak because it demonstrates a good defense game. Given how Los Angeles has “lame” moments in this season, it can be concluded that the hosts will not score more than two goals, and the Stars, in turn, will easily open the King’s defense.
- Moneyline picks: Dallas Stars -135
- Against the Spread Pick: Los Angeles Kings 1.5 Point Spread +115
- Over Under Pick: Under 5 Game Totals