Charlotte Hornets vs Toronto Raptors. Wednesday January 8, 2020, 7:00 PM (EST). Spectrum Center, Charlotte, NC.
The Toronto Raptors are on the road for a clash with the Charlotte Hornets. Who will win tonight’s Raptors or Hornets NBA game against the spread? – read below in our prediction.
Charlotte Hornets 15-24 (18-19-2 ATS)
“Hornet” are trying to keep up with the leading eight of the East, but recently the team’s game does not please at all. Of course, they don’t expect something incredible from James Borrego’s wards, especially after Kemb Walker left, but when you can catch on to the playoff zone, you need to use it.
“Charlotte” lost in the previous meeting to “Indiana” (104-115), though such a result was quite predictable. “Hornets” can hardly be called a home team, but do not forget that “Toronto” also has a lot of problems, so the hosts hope at least for an equal fight.
Toronto Raptors 24-13 (21-16 ATS)
The Canadian team lagged behind the top 3 of the East, and all because of problems with the roster. At the moment, there are five players at once in the Raptors injury list , three of which are key players, so the result has not been impressive lately.
” Toronto” lost their previous match to “Portland”, although it took the “Blazers” in the home arena (99-101). The Reptiles are clearly waiting for a tough confrontation against the Hornets, so all hope is for Kyle Lowry, who alone carries the team, because there is no other way out.
Betting Tips Statistic
- The Raptors have split their last 6 games.
- Charlotte has won 2 of their last 9 games.
- The Raptors have a winning road record, having gone 10-7 thus far.
- The Hornets are 7-12 at home this season.
- The Hornets have one of the worse scoring offense’s, ranking 28th at 104 per game.
- The Raptors will make it difficult on the Hornets, as Toronto has the 4th best scoring defense.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Toronto’s last 6 games.
- Toronto are 6-2 SU in their last 8 games against Charlotte.
- Toronto are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games on the road.
- Toronto are 4-11 SU in their last 15 games when playing on the road against Charlotte.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Toronto’s last 5 games this season.
- Toronto are 14-5 SU in their last 19 games against an opponent in the Eastern conference.
- Toronto are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Southeast division.
- Charlotte are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Charlotte’s last 5 games.
- Charlotte are 2-7 SU in their last 9 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Charlotte’s last 9 games against Toronto.
- Charlotte are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games at home.
- Charlotte are 11-4 SU in their last 15 games when playing at home against Toronto.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Charlotte’s last 8 games this season.
- Charlotte are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games against an opponent in the Eastern conference.
- Charlotte are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games against an opponent in the Atlantic division.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Charlotte’s last 5 games played in January.
- Toronto Raptors: Marc Gasol, Norman Powell, Pascal Siakam, Fred VanVleet
- Charlotte Hornets: Marvin Williams
In connection with the problems of Toronto, we are ready to take a chance and offer a bet on the victory of Charlotte. Still, the team of James Borrego will act at home, which already speaks in favor of the “Hornets”, plus only Marvin Williams will not play, and this obviously will not affect the game of the hosts, so we are waiting for a sensation.
- MoneyLine Pick: Charlotte Hornets Will Win
- Against the Spread Pick: TOR Raptors -3.5 Point Spread
- Over Under Pick: Under 209 Game Totals
- Computer Predicted Score Toronto Raptors vs Charlotte Hornets: 6:26