On January 23, the starting whistle of the match of the 1/16 final of the Spanish Cup Ebro vs Leganes will sound on Estadio Pedro Sancho arena.
Predictions and Tips
- MoneyLine Pick: Leganes Will Win
- Over Under Pick: The Total Will Go Under 2.5
- Computer Predicted Score: CD Ebro 1-2 Leganes
The highest achievement of the Ebro is the 6th place in the Segund B. It is in this division that the team plays today. At the moment, the club from Zaragoza takes 12th place in group 3. The Aragonese began their cup way with an away victory over Langero (3:2). In the 1/16 finals, Ponferradina representing the Segunda became Ebro’s rival.
Despite the status of the underdog, the wards of Gonzalez managed to get into the third round of the Cup thanks to a goal by De Mes Garrido in the 114th minute of the match. By the way, it is 1/16 that is the highest achievement of the Ebro in the King’s Cup.
Leganes this season so far unsuccessfully fighting for survival. After Getafe’s home defeat (0:3), the Aguirre’s wards from the saving 17th line increased to 4 points. If we talk about cup affairs, it is worth noting that Leganes could leave this tournament after the first round. Leganes managed to beat Andorra, owned by Gerard Pique, only in the penalty shoot-out. But in the next round, the Aguirre’s team had no special problems with the passage of Murcia (4:0).
- Ebro have won 1 of their 12 league meetings with sides above them in the table.
- Leganes have lost only 1 of their last 7 games.
- Leganes have a solid record in this competition, while their last four away defeats were at Real Madrid, Sevilla, Villarreal and Valencia.
- Leganes have scored eight times across their last four games.
CD Ebro vs Leganes Prediction
Mindful of the problems of Leganes with Andorra, bookmakers give pretty high odds for the victory of the guests. But it is worth considering that Andorra is one of the real contenders for promotion. But the Ebro is a team that will fight for survival in Segund B. Given a different class of rivals, you can still expect a confident victory from the guests.