Carolina Hurricanes at Columbus Blue Jackets, Thursday January 16, 2020, 7:00 PM (EST), Nationwide Arena, Columbus, Ohio
As part of the NHL championship on January 16, Columbus will hold a duel against Carolina, and our website has prepared a forecast for this meeting. Clubs rarely delight fans with a huge number of goals. Will a grass-roots match await us this time?
Carolina Hurricanes 27-17-2
Carolina also gave out two good dry matches on its ice against Arizona (3:0) and Los Angeles (2:0). But in the first match away Hurricanes themselves were in a situation where they could not score a single goal. So, they lost to Washington with a score of 0: 2, although they made 23 shots.
But even without this, the team feels rather well, as it occupies the sixth line of the Eastern Conference and scored 56 points for 46 matches.
Columbus Blue Jackets 23-16-8
The Columbus has rarely been defeated recently. The past of them took place two matches ago, when the away Blue Jackets lost to San Jose (1:3). But after that, the team with the same score (3:0) dealt first with Vegas, and then with Boston.
In both cases, Elvis Merzlikins showed a cool game at the goal, which resulted in a total of 61 shots. Thanks to such a game, the team climbed to the ninth position of the Eastern Conference and caught up with Philadelphia on points.
Betting Tips Statistic
- The previous two out of three matches between the teams went with a total of 5.5 less.
- Columbus has spent the last three meetings with a total of 5.5 less.
- Carolina has played a total less three past matches.
- Jackets have a series of two victories.
Betting Odds Trends
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Carolina’s last 5 games.
- Carolina are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games against Columbus.
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Carolina’s last 13 games on the road.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Carolina’s last 7 games when playing on the road against Columbus.
- Carolina are 3-7 SU in their last 10 games against an opponent in the East conference.
- Carolina are 2-10 SU in their last 12 games against an opponent in the Metropolitan division.
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Columbus’ last 10 games.
- Columbus are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Columbus’ last 13 games against Carolina.
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Columbus’ last 8 games at home.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Columbus’ last 7 games when playing at home against Carolina.
- Columbus are 6-2 SU in their last 8 games this season.
- Columbus are 7-1 SU in their last 8 games against an opponent in the East conference.
- Carolina Hurricanes: No Reported Injuries
- Columbus Blue Jackets: Cam Atkinson, Ryan Murray, Josh Anderson, Joonas Korpisalo, Oliver Bjorkstrand, Alexandre Texier
Carolina Hurricanes vs Columbus Blue Jackets Predictions
Both teams play with an eye on defense and often the matches between them turn out to be less than six goals. Columbus met twice with Carolina during this regular season and in both cases turned out to be the season and, it seems to us, he is able to repeat the success on his site. Final score prediction, Columbus Blue Jackets win 4-1.
- MoneyLine Pick: CLB Blue Jackets Money Line +115
- Over Under Pick: Under 5.5 Game Totals
- Computer Predicted Score: CLB Blue Jackets vs Hurricanes 4 : 1