On January 2 2020, 9:00 PM (EST). Scotiabank Saddledome, Calgary, AB. The New York Rangers head to Calgary, AB on Thursday for a game against the Flames in a matchup of teams from the Eastern and Western Conference. – read below our predictions.
Calgary Flames 20-17-5 (17-25 ATS)
The Calgary Flames will hope to skip back after a 5-3 misfortune to Chicago in their last trip. Chicago leaped out in front 2-0 with a couple of goals 1:21 separated before making it 3-0 before the finish of the first time frame and proceeded 4-0 just before the halfway purpose of the second time frame. Sam Bennett got Calgary on the board with only :06 to go in the second casing and Michael Frolik and Sean Monahan scored 1:18 separated to make things fascinating at 4-3. The rebound was in support of nothing however, as Chicago scored an unfilled net objective with only one moment to play, guaranteeing that the Flames would return home flat broke. David Rittich assumed the misfortune, tumbling to 17-10-5 subsequent to permitting 4 goals on 32 shots looked tragically.
New York Rangers 19-16-4 (25-14 ATS)
The New York Rangers will hope to bob back after a 7-5 loss to the Edmonton Oilers in their last trip. Edmonton scored only :11 into the game before pushing ahead 3-0 with a couple of goals 2:27 separated around the halfway purpose of the opening time frame. The Oilers went up 5-0 with a couple of strategic maneuver goals :12 separated and 6-0 with just shy of five minutes to go in the second time frame, giving Alexandar Georgiev the snare. Chris Kreider pulled an goal back for New York in the last moment of the second time frame and Ryan Strome made it 6-2 with a mid 3rdperiod count for New York. Marc Staal and Artemi Panarin scored :38 separated to make it a 6-4 game and Mika Zibanejad made it 6-5 with just shy of four minutes to go. The rebound endeavor missed the mark however as Edmonton fixed the wins with a void netter late in the third. Georgiev assumed the loss, tumbling to 10-8-1 in the wake of permitting 6 goals on 24 shots looked in the losing exertion.
- New York is 8-19 in their last 27 games against the Western Conference and 2-5 in their last 7 games as a longshot while the over is 8-0-1 in their last 9 games generally.
- Calgary is 0-5 in their last 5 home games and 2-6 in their last 8 games by and large while the under is 17-6-3 in their last 26 games a group with a losing record.
- New York is 10-4 in the last 14 meetings between these two groups.
New York Rangers
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of NY Rangers’ last 9 games.
- NY Rangers are 10-4 SU in their last 14 games against Calgary.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of NY Rangers’ last 5 games on the road.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of NY Rangers’ last 5 games this season.
- NY Rangers are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games against an opponent in the West conference.
- NY Rangers are 3-13 SU in their last 16 games against an opponent in the Pacific division.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Calgary’s last 6 games.
- Calgary are 2-6 SU in their last 8 games.
- Calgary are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games at home.
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Calgary’s last 13 games against an opponent in the East conference.
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Calgary’s last 8 games against an opponent in the Metropolitan division.
- Calgary are 8-1 SU in their last 9 games played in January.
- New York Rangers: Brendan Lemieux, Libor Hajek.
- Calgary Flames: Sam Bennett.
Calgary Flames vs. New York Rangers Predictions
I get Calgary being favored on the grounds that they’re at home, however the issue I have with that will be that the Flames haven’t been playing all around ok to warrant this sort of sticker price, particularly on home ice where they’ve lost 5 straight games. New York nearly returned from six objectives down to beat Edmonton, and next to each other, while each have won only multiple times in their last ten games, you could put forth a defense that the Rangers are playing the better hockey of the two and they’ve won 10 of the last 14 against Calgary. I’ll make a go with New York and the in addition to cash here.
- Moneyline picks: NY RangersWill Win +160
- Against the Spread Pick: Calgary Flames +6.5 Point Spread -180
- Over Under Pick: Over 6.5 Game Totals