The San Antonio Spurs are on the road for a matchup with the Boston Celtics. Wednesday January 8, 2020, 7:00 PM (EST). TD Garden, Boston, MA.
Who will win tonight’s Spurs or Celtics NBA game against the spread? – read below in our prediction.
San Antonio Spurs
Spurs made a comeback when they returned to the playoff zone after a protracted gaming crisis. The team of Gregg Popovich holds the eighth line of the Western Conference, though one miss and Portland can easily get around a direct opponent.
San Antonio defeated Milwaukee in the previous meeting, although it seemed that the Deers would dominate on the floor (126-104). Demar Derozan became the main star of this fundamental confrontation, as he scored 25 points. Nevertheless, the AO&T Center home arena is an impregnable fortress for most league teams, which is good news.
Spurs were inspired by their last successful performance and aimed to maintain their position, so they are seriously preparing for the fight against Boston.
The Celtics are trying to catch up with the East leader Milwaukee, but to be honest, while the Bucks are unattainable, though Brad Stevens wards have spent four games less, which can play a key role in the fight for the first line.
Boston sensationally lost in the previous match to Washington (94-99), which to a certain extent took the team by surprise, because Jalen Brown and the company went to the capital to win, but ran into problems.
Unfortunately, one of the club’s leaders, Kemba Walker, will not help in the next meeting of the Celtics, so the attacking link of the hosts is somewhat weakened. On the other hand, this is a good opportunity for San Antonio to show its best side in the TD Garden Arena.
Betting Tips Statistic
- The Spurs have lost 2 of 3, while the Celtics have won 3 of their last 4.
- San Antonio is 3-12 as the under dog, while being 4-11 on the road.
- The Celtics have been great at home, having gone 14-2 thus far.
- Boston is 9-6-1 ATS when at home.
- The Spurs have controlled this series as of late, having won 8 of the last 10 matchups.
- Boston is allowing just under 103 points per game overall, while having 3rd best free throw percentage when at home.
- San Antonio is 25th in scoring defense overall, allowing almost 115 per game.
San Antonio Spurs
- San Antonio are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of San Antonio’s last 5 games.
- San Antonio are 9-3 ATS in their last 12 games against Boston.
- San Antonio are 14-2 SU in their last 16 games against Boston.
- San Antonio are 4-0-1 ATS in their last 5 games on the road.
- San Antonio are 7-1 SU in their last 8 games when playing on the road against Boston.
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of San Antonio’s last 9 games this season.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of San Antonio’s last 6 games against an opponent in the Eastern conference.
- San Antonio are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games against an opponent in the Atlantic division.
- Boston are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Boston’s last 5 games.
- Boston are 8-2 SU in their last 10 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Boston’s last 8 games against San Antonio.
- Boston are 14-2 SU in their last 16 games at home.
- Boston are 1-7 SU in their last 8 games when playing at home against San Antonio.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Boston’s last 6 games this season.
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Boston’s last 8 games against an opponent in the Western conference.
- Boston are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games played in January.
- Boston are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games played on a Wednesday.
- San Antonio Spurs: No Reported Injuries
- Boston Celtics: Kemba Walker, Daniel Theis
As the last match showed, the Boston is not so invincible, especially since Kemba Walker has fallen from the cage and now the bet on defense will be more than relevant. In our opinion, San Antonio will perform adequately after defeating the leader of the East, as the guests approach the standoff in high spirits, therefore we offer a forecast for a positive Spurs head start
- MoneyLine Pick: Boston Will Win
- Against the Spread Pick: BOS Celtics -6 Point Spread
- Over Under Pick: Under 219.5 Game Totals
- Computer Predicted Score San Antonio Spurs vs Boston Celtics: 108:110