On January 11, the Islanders will try to beat Boston for the second time this season, and we, in turn, will give a forecast for this match. In the last full-time meeting, the “Islanders” prevailed in a series of shootouts. What will happen this time?
Boston Bruins 26-8-11
For a long period of time, Boston has occupied the second line of the Western Conference and, apparently, is not going to leave it. But it will be difficult for him to take a leading position since Washington is also on the alert and does not intend to give points. Note that the Bruins won two meetings in a row.
First, visiting the “Bears” it turned out to deal with “Nashville” (6:2), and already on their ice, they were stronger than “Winnipeg” – 5:4 in a productive fight.
New York Islanders 27-12-3
The Islanders occupy a place in the top three of the Eastern Conference, but already do not look as confident as before. The team slowed down a bit, which made it much harder for her to earn points. For example, not without difficulty, the “Islanders” defeated the “Colorado” (1:0) and sorted out the “New Jersey” (4:3 B). Although we note that before that the team was defeated by the same “Devils” (1:2) and “Toronto” (0:3).
But on the other hand, within the framework of their ice, the wards of Barry Trotz continue to keep the bar and so far have lost only five meetings in regular time.
Betting Tips Statistic
- Boston has won the past seven out of eight matches against the Islanders.
- The Bruins prevailed in two straight matches.
- “Islanders” lost the last time on their ice, “Boston” with a score of 0: 5.
- Over is 4-0 in Bruins last 4 vs a team with a winning record.
- Under is 6-1 in Bruins last 7 vs Metropolitan.
- Under is 4-1 in Bruins last 5 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Under is 4-1-1 in Bruins last 6 road games.
- Under is 15-5-2 in Bruins last 22 vs Eastern Conference.
New York Islanders
- Under is 4-0 in Islanders last 4 when their opponent scores 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Over is 4-0 in Islanders last 4 games playing on 3 or more days rest.
- Islanders are 6-1 in their last 7 games as an underdog.
- Under is 10-2 in Islanders last 12 Saturday games.
- Islanders are 5-1 in their last 6 games as a home underdog.
- Boston Bruins: Zdeno Chara, Kevan Miller, Connor Clifton
- New York Islanders: Cal Clutterbuck, Adam Pelech
Boston Bruins vs New York Islanders Prediction
Boston has established its game in attack and is very productive in its last matches, so the Islanders will be incredibly difficult to resist such an attack. And this is taking into account the fact that in the previous match the “Islanders” conceded three goals from “New Jersey”, one of the main outsiders of the championship.
- MoneyLine Pick: NY Islanders Will Win
- Against the Spread Pick: Boston Bruins -1.5 Point Spread
- Over Under Pick: Total Will Go Over 5.5
- Computer Predicted Score: Boston Bruins vs New York Islanders 2.7 : 2.9